AS A CANDIDATE FOR REGIONAL PRESIDENT, IF SELECTED I WILL:
1. Agree to arrange my schedule to arrive in and remain in St. Paul for the required Regional President meeting on the first day of State FFA Convention.
2. Complete all the responsibilities of Regional Presidents:
-Represent the region at all regional leadership conferences events. (Not to include CDE’s).
-Represent the region at state events deemed appropriate.
-Respond to all regional matters as they are presented in a timely manner throughout the entire year.
-Develop goals for region association.
-Create and implement a program of activities for regional events.
-Work in concert with your region advisor.
-Be at all region events where the regional team is involved.
-Be a liaison between State & Region Associations by carrying communication from the state to the region and from the region to the state association.
-Maintain Public Relations through an appropriate social media presence.
-Serve as a member of Minnesota FFA Student Board of Directors.
-Provide Regional Reports to Minnesota FFA Student Board of Directors at all meetings.
-Coordinate Regional Leadership Meetings.
-MN FFA Convention responsibilities as assigned (Saturday-Tuesday).
-Attend State Greenhand Leadership Conference by planning and facilitating breakout sessions, leading small groups/cabin chats, and other assigned duties (Sunday-Friday).
-Attend Regional Officer Leadership Orientation (ROLO), POWER, and POWER II.
-Attend required Chapter Visit Training if region receiving chapter visits from State Officers.
Expected to attend –
-Basecamp and Checkpoint 1 (blended/hybrid program with CO and RP groups)
-Minnesota FFA Student Adult Board Meetings (July, November, March, April)
-Minnesota FFA Convention (April 17-20, 2021)
-Regional Officer Visits / State Officers (rotating regions) (October – November)
Optional attendance –
-Minnesota State Fair (August/September)
-Attend the CHS Miracle of Birth Center Training with all Barnyard Attendants (required if volunteering during the State Fair)
-State Officer Professional Development Events
Minnesota FFA Officer Commitment Form
1. Be dedicated and committed to FFA and the total program of education in Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources.
2. Be willing to commit the entire year to regional officer activities.
3. Be willing and able to travel in serving the Minnesota FFA Association.
4. Continue to develop knowledge of agriculture, education in Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources, and of FFA; and keep myself up to date on current events.
5. Through preparation and practice, develop myself into an effective public speaker and project a desirable image of FFA at all times.
6. Regularly, and on time, write all letters, thank-you notes and other correspondence which are necessary and desirable.
7. Strive to improve my ability to carry on meaningful, personable and enjoyable conversations with individuals of all ages and walks of life; and work in harmony with fellow FFA officers, and not knowingly engage in conversations detrimental to other FFA members, officers and adults.
8. Accept and search out constructive criticism and evaluation of my total performance to evaluate, periodically, my personality and attitudes making every effort to improve myself.
9. Maintain and protect my health.
10. Treat all FFA members equally by not favoring one over another.
11. Conduct myself in a manner which commands respect without any display of superiority.
12. Avoid places or activities that in any way would raise questions as to one’s moral character or conduct.
13. Consider FFA officer activities to be my primary responsibility.
14. Use wholesome and appropriate language in all speeches and informal conversations.
15. Maintain proper dress and good grooming for all occasions.
16. Serve as a member of the team, always maintaining a cooperative attitude.
17. Be willing to take and follow instructions as directed by those responsible for Minnesota FFA Officers and state and national FFA programs.
18. MN FFA encourages the Regional Presidents to pursue their education at a secondary or post secondary institution, working diligently to maintain quality grades and be a positive role model for other students at the institution and to agricultural education students.
The following are offenses that will cause dismissal from State/Regional Preside FFA Office:
19. Any use of alcohol, and/or supply of alcohol to members or others. State/Regional President FFA officers will forego all alcohol while involved in official or unofficial FFA activities from the day the officer is elected until he/she installs a new state officer. This means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days. This means anywhere within the United States and any International travel.
20. Any use and/ or supply of controlled substances (drugs), not under direction of a physician. In addition, any use of tobacco or tobacco related products is prohibited.
21. Participation in any illicit or promiscuous acts.
22. Commission of any felony against the laws of State or Nation.
23. Other violations of codes of ethics and responsible behavior so identified that may be acted upon by individual State FFA Adult Board.
The above apply to any FFA activity (official or unofficial) or membership involvement by the State/Regional President FFA Officers, individually or as a group. If any of the above violations occur, the state officer or officers will be asked to appear before the entire State FFA Adult Board to give a complete explanation of the incident which occurred. The State FFA Adult Board will then rule on a dismissal of the officer or officers involved.
I certify that I have reviewed and understand the Minnesota FFA Policy concerning behavior of officers of the State FFA Student Organization.
By signing (typing your legal name) in the space below, you are certifying that all information is correct and that you are the person completing this application. You also agree to the candidate and officer expectations.
When you press the submit button, you will receive an email confirmation that your application was received. Please print for your records and retain as verification of your application.