Releases Mindful Maverick Society ("Nonprofit") a non-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Florida and each of its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, successors, assigns, or representatives. The volunteer desires to provide services for Nonprofit and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer by performing associated duties.
Volunteers understand that the scope of a volunteers’ relationship with Nonprofit is limited to a volunteer position and Nonprofit that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by volunteer. That Nonprofit will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a volunteer; and that the volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of volunteer services to Nonprofit.
Contractors (Paid or donated) understand that the scope of a contractors' relationship with Nonprofit is limited to agreed position, duties and hours, and that compensation will be provided for agreed services provided by the contractor. Nonprofit will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a contractor; and that the contractor is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of services to Nonprofit
(1) Waiver and Release: I, the volunteer/contractor, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Nonprofit and assigns form any and all liability, claims, demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise for the services I, the volunteer/contractor, provide to Nonprofit. I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver and Release discharges Nonprofit from and liability or claims that I may have against Nonprofit with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services that I provide to Nonprofit or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
(2) Insurance: Further, I understand that Nonprofit does NOT assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me, the volunteer, with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
(3) Medical Treatment: I hereby release and forever discharge Nonprofit from any claim whatsoever which may arise or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with any emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Nonprofit.
(4) Assumption and Risk: I understand that the services that I provide to Nonprofity may include activities that may be hazardous to me. I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm from these activities and release Nonprofit from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the services that I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am providing volunteer services at Nonprofit.
(5) Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Nonprofit all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Nonprofit in connection with my providing volunteer services to Nonprofit.
(6) Health: I am responsible for my health and it is my responsibility to determine if I am capable of participating in the events I attend. It is my responsibility to alert Nonprofit at the start of an event to any conditions, illness, or limitations I may have that may preclude me from fully participating in an event. Mindful Maverick Society volunteers/staff are not medical personnel and cannot provide medical advice or opinions, however Mindful Maverick Society volunteers/staff can offer activity modifications and help you work within your limits to the degree their training permits, however, Nonprofit is not responsible if you injure yourself. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ACTIVITY, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER.
(7) Dress Code and Professionalism: As a volunteer you are a representative of the organization and personal cleanliness and good grooming are essential. Your personal appearance and dress should be clean, neat and professional at all times. Mindful Maverick Society T-Shirts are encouraged for volunteers and mandatory for paid contractors. Your conduct should also be professional. Foul language and rowdiness will NOT be tolerated.
(8) Treatment Facility: If and while I am a patient at a substance abuse treatment facility where Nonprofit is providing programs under contract with such treatment facilities, I understand Nonprofit staff, reserve the right to share information regarding me, the patient, to the healthcare team as Nonprofit staff in their sole discretion deems necessary and I hereby consent to Nonprofit staff doing so.
(9) Confidentiality: During the course of the attending Nonprofit activities it is possible that participants may discover information related to the background of another participant. In some cases discovery can cause concern especially in the cases of previous violent offenses and sexual offender designation. Nonprofit does not exclude participants on the basis of previous life experiences and makes no guarantee as to the actions of participants. Should you have concerns about a participant, or concerns about your safety, please immediately bring those concerns to Nonprofit staff.
(8) Other: As a volunteer/contractor, I expressly agree that this Waiver and Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Florida and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver and Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this release shall not be affected.
COMMUNITY STANDARDS By signing this document, you agree to respect and uphold these standards. If you fail to do so, we may ask you not to participate with Mindful Maverick Society.
Mindful Maverick Society aims to foster a sense of community in a supportive, nurturing environment. At Mindful Maverick Society events, everyone is welcome and active participation in the community is expected. Members must be kind and courteous to one another at all times.
Mindful Maverick Society strives for all of our events to be a physically and emotionally safe space. Behavior that is or could be perceived as violent or threatening (including physically disciplining children) is unacceptable. Language or conduct that could be perceived as racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate will not be tolerated.
Mindful Maverick Society is not a dating club. While we do not prohibit dating among members, we ask that members refrain from viewing our events as a place to meet romantic partners. Unwelcome advances, physical contact, and/or sexually suggestive speech will not be tolerated.
Mindful Maverick Society events/activities are drug, alcohol and tobacco-free. Smoking is not permitted at or in the proximity of any Mindful Maverick Society event or while taking part in programming (we may make exceptions on multi-day trips).
While children over the age of five are welcome at certain events, Mindful Maverick Society does not provide childcare. Parents/guardians are solely responsible for child supervision. If a child’s behavior creates a distracting or unsafe environment, parents/guardians may be asked to leave with the child.
Members are the face of Mindful Maverick Society. By attending our events or wearing Mindful Maverick Society attire, you represent this organization. Please respect our community standards both in terms of sobriety and conduct.
In the event of an emergency, please inform a Mindful Maverick Society staff immediately.
Mindful Maverick Society staff and instructors are here to help. Whether you have technical questions, want to find a workout partner, need help finding recovery resources, or have concerns about another member’s conduct, Mindful Maverick Society staff are available to assist you. We encourage you to approach us with any questions or concerns.