MY WARRIOR'S PLACE GENERAL GUEST RULES
1. New rules and regulations or amendments to these rules may be adopted by My Warrior’s Place or its officers, directors or property manager here in after referred to as My Warrior’s Place, upon giving three (3) day notice in writing. These rules and any changes or amendments have a legitimate purpose and are not intended to be arbitrary or work as a substantial modification of Guest rights. They will not be unequally enforced. Guest is responsible for the conduct of his/her self, as well as, any of their guests and the adherence to these rules and regulations at all times.
2. For purposes of this Guest Rules and Regulations a “GUEST” is anyone who is involved with or staying at My Warrior’s Place in any capacity for any capacity both on and off the property. “Guest” includes, but is not limited to, the following: all visitors, volunteers, staff members, program managers, contractors, guests, directors, board members, advisor board members and anyone else whom comes in contact with anyone else due to My Warrior’s Place and its programs.
3. For legal purposes, Guest(s) understands that My Warrior’s Place Retreat Center is a Transient Establishment like a Hotel/ Motel and that he/she is a guest and NOT a permanent resident, renter or tenant. Additionally, cottages may be referred to as units throughout this document. Additionally, you are NOT allowed to use My Warrior’s Place address to receive packages or mail without written consent from My Warrior’s Place.
4. Items that belong to the property such as, but not limited to, furniture, appliances, electronics, decorative items, towels, dishes, books, plants, shells, etc are NOT to be taken, for any reason, off the premises without written permission from one of the Board Members of My Warrior’s Place. NO EXCEPTIONS. Items that belong to the property such as tools, recreation equipment and dvd's may be signed out by the guest for their use or the use by any other person staying on the property or their guests use while on the property. Any item signed out must NOT leave the property without written permission by one of the Board Members with the exception of bikes, canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, roundabouts, boats, along with any items used with the named exceptions, which must be at all times within 2 miles of the property unless permission is granted in writing by one of the Board Members. Items signed out must be signed back in within 24 hours unless consent is given in writing for more time by one of the Board Members. It will be the financial responsibility of guest to replace or repair any item(s) that is broken, damaged (that is beyond the scope of normal wear and tear) or taken and not returned.
5. If you would like use of an umbrella for one of the outdoor patio tables, you need to request one from the office or with one of the property managers. Once done using the umbrella for the day it must be returned to the office screened in patio. Failure to do so will result in not being able to have use of an umbrella during the remainder of your stay. Additionally, if damage occurs to the umbrella or to the patio table or other patio furniture due to failing to close the umbrella ard returning it to the office screened in patio, you will be financially responsible for the damages.
6. NO former guest, who has been banned from the property, is allowed on the premises without consent from one of the Board Members for My Warrior’s Place. It is guests responsibility to help enforce this rule. NO EXCEPTIONS!
7. NO illegal drugs are permitted on the premises.
8. NO public displays of intoxication are permitted on the premises.
9. NO harassment of any kind will be tolerated by anyone on or off the premises and incidents are not considered privileged information and can be reported to the authorities.
10. Failure to follow any of these Guest Rules & Regulations will result in one or more of the following: a verbal warning, a written warning or an immediate requirement to vacate property and be banned from the property and/or participating in any programs, activities or events for a period of time OR permanently which may include being trespassed by law enforcement or any other legal remedy deemed necessary by the Board Members/Directors of My Warrior’s Place. NO EXCEPTIONS!
NOISE AND CONDUCT
1. Guests shall not make or allow any disturbing noises in or outside the units which will interfere with the rights, comforts or conveniences of other guests on the property, especially before 8:00am or after 9:00pm.
2. All musical instruments, television sets, stereos, radios, etc., are to be played at a volume which will not disturb other guests.
3. The activities and conduct of guests, outside of the unit on the common grounds, parking areas, or any recreation facilities must be reasonable at all times and not annoy, offend or disturb other guests.
4. My Warrior’s Place is to be a safe haven for everyone who is on the property or participating in one of My Warrior’s Place programs or events on or off the property for any reason. We will NOT tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, sexually harassing, discriminating against or sabotaging others on or off the property. This applies to all guests. Harassment includes bullying, intimidation, direct insults, malicious gossip and victimization. We can’t create an exhaustive list, but here are some instances that we consider harassment: Sabotaging someone’s work on purpose. Engaging in frequent or unwanted advances of any nature. Commenting derogatorily on a person’s ethnic heritage or religious beliefs. Starting/spreading rumors about person’s personal life. Ridiculing someone in front of others or singling them out to perform tasks unrelated to their job against their will. Threatening bodily harm or inappropriate or unwanted touching or invasion of a guests personal space. Additionally, Sexual harassment is illegal and we will seriously investigate relevant reports. If anyone is found guilty of sexual harassment, they will be required to leave the property immediately and banned from the My Warrior’s Place property permanently. All incidents need to be reported immediately to at least one of the My Warrior’s Place Board Members and every report will be investigated. NO EXCEPTIONS!
CLEANLINESS AND TRASH
1. The guest units must be kept clean, sanitary and free from objectionable odors.
2. Guests shall assist My Warrior’s Place in keeping the outside common areas clean.
3. No littering of papers, cigarette butts or trash is allowed.
4. No trash or other materials may be accumulated which will cause a hazard or be in violation of any health, fire or safety ordinance or regulation or cause property to look untidy and run-down.
5. Garbage is to be placed inside the containers provided and lids securely placed. Garbage should not be allowed to accumulate and should be placed in the outside containers as needed so it doesn't pile up. It is Guests responsibility to place their garbage into the designated outside container(s) on or by 9:00am Wednesday and Saturday mornings in the designated area in time for garbage pickup. AT NO TIME is garbage (in bags or not) allow on the patios or outside areas of the unit without being secured in an outside designated garbage receptical.
6. Furniture must be kept inside the unit. All personal belongings must be kept inside the unit, or in storage areas approved in writing by My Warrior’s Place. Appropriate outdoor furniture is permitted if furniture is maintained and is in good condition. Any other items outside the unit (unless approved in writing) are subject to removal by My Warrior’s Place. Guest may be charged for the cost of removal.
7. Articles are not to be left in the laundry room or other common areas for a period of more than 4 hours unless approved in writing.
8. Clothing, curtains, rugs, etc. shall not be shaken or hung outside of or on any window ledge, balcony or patio.
9. Guest will assist in keeping the property clean by picking up any debris that they notice and disposing of it in an appropriate manner. Additionally, Guest is responsible for keeping tables, chairs and any other My Warrior’s Place property and/or equipment that they use clean and put back in the proper area/ place from which they got it from and put away properly.
10. If Guest uses any grill (Gas or Charcoal) guest must clean grill and any cooking utensils after use. If propane tank is out of propane, guest needs to remove tank and notify one of the Property Managers or Board Members.
1. The ONLY pets allowed at My Warrior's Place are dogs. ONLY IF the dog(s) will be staying overnight in the cottages there is a $5.00 per day pet fee (maximum of $250) unless the dog is a certified service dog.
2. Pets must not be outside unsupervised. Pets are not allowed to be on the property without a leash unless they are a trained law enforcement dog (active or retired).
3. It is the responsibility of the pet owner to make sure that their pets feces are picked up, wrapped up in a plastic bag and appropriately disposed of in a covered garbage container.
4. Pet must not pose a physical threat to any person or other pet on the property. If the dog is deemed aggressive or causes injury to someone or to another pet while on the property the pet will need to leave the property immediately and any expenses for harm caused by your pet will be your financial responsibility.
1. No firearms are to be discharged on the premises UNLESS in defense of oneself from bodily harm.
2. Smoking is NOT allowed inside any building unless consent is obtained from My Warrior’s Place Smoking is allowed outside on the property but butts must be disposed of properly.
3. If staying in a unit it is recommended that the outside doors are locked during the absence of Guest.
4. All appliances, except refrigerators, must be turned off before leaving the unit.
5. When leaving for more than two (2) days in a row during a guest stay, guest shall notify management on how long guest will be away.
6. If someone guest allows is to enter guest’s unit during guest’s absence, guest shall inform My Warrior’s Place beforehand and provide the name of person or company who will be entering.
7. The use or storage of gasoline, cleaning solvent or other combustibles in the units is prohibited.
8. The use of charcoal barbecues, gas grills, fire pits or any type of open flame is prohibited on wooden structures unless consent is obtained from My Warrior’s Place.
9. Other than a vehicle, no personal belongings, including bicycles, play equipment, boats, boat trailers, trailers or other items may be placed outside or about the units, the buildings or on the grounds without written permission from My Warrior’s Place.
10. Children on the premises must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Guest understands that we are located on the river and also have a large koi pond which can be dangerous and even deadly to children due to drowning if not properly supervised by a responsible adult.
11. Candles burned in units or in common areas must be attended at all times.
12. After using dryers in laundry room you must remove lint and dispose of properly.
MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS & ALTERATIONS FOR UNITS
1. All units are supplied with a smoke detection devise(s). Upon occupancy, it shall be the responsibility of guest to test the detector(s) to ensure that the device(s) is in operable condition. Guest will inform one of the Property Managers or Board Members of My Warrior’s Place immediately, in writing, of any defect, malfunction or failure of such smoke detector(s). If guest is staying in one of the units for more than 30 days it is the responsibility of the guest to test the smoke detector batteries, and request new batteries be installed if needed as needed unless otherwise prohibited by law.
2. It is guest’s responsibility to advise one of the Board Members of My Warrior’s Place, verbally or in writing, of any items requiring repair (dripping faucets, light switches, etc.). Notification should be immediate in an emergency or for normal problems within regular business hours Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. If damage was done by guest or due to guest negligence, repairs cost will be the responsibility of the guest.
3. Service requests should be made to My Warrior’s Place Board Members or Property Managers and NOT to volunteers, maintenance people or other such personnel.
4. My Warrior’s Place is on an old septic system and ONLY SEPTIC SAFE TOILET PAPER is allowed to be flushed down the toilets or drains. Also, due to the old septic system and pipes, flush only small amounts of toilet paper in one flush as larger amounts WILL clog the system. Items such as, but not limited to, feminine hygiene products, baby wipes, grease, oil or food WILL clog the system. Costs of repair or clearance of stoppages in waste pipes or drains, water pipes or plumbing fixtures caused by guest’s negligence or improper usage are the responsibility of guest.
5. No alterations, changes or improvements shall be made by guest without the consent of My Warrior’s Place. Any article attached to the woodwork, walls, floors or ceilings shall be the sole responsibility of guest. Guest shall be liable for any repairs necessary during or after guest stay to restore premises to the original condition. Glue or tape shall not be used to affix pictures or decorations.
6. If something gets broken inside or outside of a unit, guest must inform one of the property managers, a board member or someone working in the office immediately.
7. Air conditioners are NOT to be set below 72 degrees. Air conditioners may be adjusted for your comfort but not below 72 degrees because this will cause the a/c units to freeze up. If an a/c unit needs to be repaired due to guest setting the thermostat below 72 degrees, guest will be financially responsible for these repairs.
A copy of these guest rules will be in a binder in the unit you will be staying in to refer to at any time during your stay. If you are just out for the day, you can view a copy of these rules in the back of the guest sign in book by the office door. By signing your name below, you acknowledge that you having read and understood the foregoing and will abide by these guest rules during your stay.