· Pacific Mountain Region has limited money to distribute from the Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders.
· The following criteria and process apply to applications in Pacific Mountain Region for the Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders.
Pacific Mountain Region Criteria:
· In Pacific Mountain Region, the Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders supports leadership development events (courses, workshops) for lay leaders and ministry personnel that focus on the goals of Pacific Mountain Region: healthy congregations and ministries, effective leadership and faithful public witness. Events that meet the established criteria are eligible for grants.
· Preference will be given to courses which provide opportunities for leadership skills in organizational transformation, conflict management, mission development, goal setting, and group facilitation.
· Individuals who receive grants from the Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders may be asked to resource another community of faith in the next two years.
· Discussion of the application and completion of part 2 of this application is required from the Ministry and Personnel Committee (for ministry personnel) or Session or Christian Development committee (for lay leaders) or employing unit staff committee or supervisor (for Conference Staff).
· Submit applications at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date of the event. If approved, grants from the Congregational Learning Fund will be forwarded to you by the Region office upon receiving a report or evaluation about the course and a receipt of the tuition or registration.
· The Pastoral Charge or employing unit is expected to make a contribution of at least one third of the cost.
· The individual is required to make a contribution of at least one third of the cost.
· Travel costs are paid for the most economical and practical form of transportation. For automobile travel, the rate per kilometer is $0.40 for 2019.
· The maximum total Congregational Learning grant per person per year is $400.00.
· If 4 or more participants are from the same Congregation applying for funds, the maximum allowable grant would be $1,600.00 payable to the Congregation.
Ensure that the application meets ALL the above criteria.
· A copy of the event brochure or course description is required as part of the application.
· Indicate on a separate piece of paper how this course and skills developed through this course meet the Pacific Mountain Region criteria as stated above.
· Deadlines for applications will be the 5th of each month except July, August and December.
· If your application has been approved, you will receive your Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders cheque upon receipt of your evaluation and report.
If you have questions about the criteria or process established for Pacific Mountain Region, contact: Treena Duncan, director, LeaderShift - email@example.com.