The mission of Royal Family KIDS – Cowlitz County is to create life-changing moments for children of abuse and neglect. We are dedicated to breaking the cycle of abuse and healing the scars of the past for children in foster care in Cowlitz County. Each moment we spend with these children is an opportunity to plant the seeds of hope, happiness and wholeness that will transform them into resilient adults that have the ability to overcome challenges and be successful and healthy members of our community.
Activities are purposefully designed to be non-competitive and non-threatening while allowing children to experience success.
God’s love is modeled consistently, through the games, sports, activity centers, Bible stories, drama and quiet times the campers share with their counselors.
View our Camp Brochure for more information about our week at camp.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
* The application will take 20-30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session, unless you first create an "account" using this form: www.jotform.com/RFKCowlitz/CamperAccount
* 6/15 Update: We have received enough applications to fill all available slots for BOY campers. Any new applications for boys will be added to our wait list.
* This is an application to request your foster child attend camp. After your application is received, you will be notified by June 20th whether your camper has been accepted or placed on the wait list.
* All applications must be submitted through this webpage and all required documents received by June 17, 2018.
If this form is still viewable, it means we still have open spots. We will continue to accept applications until all spots are filled. As of 6/12/18 we still have several spots for foster girls. If you have a foster boy, we encourage you to apply and be added to our wait list as circumstances may prevent a child from being able to attend.
* You may click here to print a copy of this application to learn what information to gather but camper applications will only be considered when submitted through this input form.
* Printed applications will not be accepted.
* You will need to attach a separate file for the child's: immunization record, insurance card, recent physical and a .JPG photo of this child to complete the application.
* You will hear back from us via email by June 20th to confirm whether we have space for your child.
* There is no fee to the state or foster family.
* All Campers must be between the ages of 7-11 at the time of camp: July 9 - 13, 2018. Campers must be available to stay at camp the entire week (barring any emergencies).
* For the safety of the children placed in our care, the location of camp is kept confidential. It is 2 hours away and is within the state of Washington. The child's caregivers and DSHS will be notified of the location a few weeks before camp. Caregivers and DSHS will be given emergency contact numbers to be able to reach camp staff during the week of camp.
* Sponsoring church: Valley Christian Fellowship Longview, WA
* Campers will need to be dropped off at the Sponsoring church Monday morning, July 9th and picked up on Friday afternoon, July 13, 2018. Further instructions will be provided when you receive your confirmation that we still have room for your camper.
If you experience technical difficulties, first try opening this webpage in a different browser. Internet Explorer has given some people problems. If you continue to experience problems, it may be the internet network you're using.