The mission of Royal Family KIDS is to create life-changing moments for children of abuse and neglect. We are dedicated to breaking the cycle of abuse and healing the scars of the past for children in foster care in Cowlitz and Wahkiakum counties. Each moment we spend with these children is an opportunity to plant the seeds of hope, happiness and wholeness that will transform them into resilient adults that have the ability to overcome challenges and be successful and healthy members of our community.
Activities are purposefully designed to be non-competitive and non-threatening while allowing children to experience success.
God’s love is modeled consistently, through the games, sports, activity centers, Bible stories, drama and quiet times the campers share with their counselors.
View our Camp Brochure for more information about our week at camp.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
* The application will take 20-30 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session, unless you first create an "account" using this form: www.jotform.com/RFKCowlitz/CamperAccount. Please note the application will need to be finished on the same computer/device on which it was started.
* If you'd like to preview the entire application, click here. All applications must be submitted through this webpage. Printed applications will not be accepted.
* Applications are accepted April 1 through May 15, 2019. If this application is still live after May 15, that means we are still accepting applications. As of 6/28, we just received an applicaation to fill our last boy camper spot. We are now on a waitlist for both boys and girls and usually do use it, since circumstances are always changing in foster care.
* It is not (initially) on a first-come, first-served basis. We wait until after May 15 to review the applications and ascertain which campers would best benefit from camp.
* First priority does go to returning campers. We do recruit and fundraise in order to increase the number of campers we take each year.
* There is no fee to the state or foster family.
* All campers must be between the ages of 7-11 the week of camp.
* Camp is: Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 12, 2019. Campers must be available to stay at camp the entire week (barring any emergencies).
Note: our volunteers go to camp the day before (Sunday, July 7). Campers do not join us until Monday, July 8.
* Campers will need to be dropped off locally in Longview on Monday morning, July 8 approximately 8AM and picked up from the same location on Friday afternoon, July 12, 2019, approximately 3PM. Further instructions will be provided when you receive your confirmation that we still have room for your camper.
* For the safety of the children placed in our care, the location of camp is kept confidential. It is 2 hours away and is within the state of Washington. DCYF will be notified of the location a few weeks before camp. Caregivers and DSHS will be given emergency contact numbers to be able to reach camp staff during the week of camp.
* This is an application to request your foster child attend camp. After your application is received, you will be notified by June 20 regarding the status of your application. (It is most helpful if you could contact us if your child is no longer able to attend.) We don't want to disappoint any children. If you tell your child about camp, please be clear that you're applying (not registering) them. Your child is not guaranteed a spot at camp until you receive an email from us, stantig your application was approved.
* Due to the nature of foster care, we will create a waitlist in the case that accepted campers are not able to attend camp in July.
* One application must be submitted for each child.
* You will need to attach a separate file for the child's: immunization record, insurance card, recent physical and a headshot of this child to complete the application.
* Children in Relative Care (with or without having had an open DCYF case) are eligible for camp and welcome to apply.
* You will be asked to upload copies of your child's:
- immunization record
- medicaid/insurance card
- most recent physical or well-child exam
- headshot photo
If you experience technical difficulties, first try opening this webpage in a different browser. Internet Explorer has given some people problems. If you continue to experience problems, it may be the internet network you're using.
For multiple-choice questions where "Other" is the last choice listed, if you get the error message "An option must be selected" after you already have made a selection, simply click in the blank "Other" field and then press the "Tab" button to adance to the next field. That should avoid any future error messages for that specific field.