WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
This WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT, hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”, made, BY and BETWEEN the Coach/Team Representative AND RiseUp Sports as follows:
- The Coach/Team Representative wishes to contract with RiseUp Sports to allow the aforementioned Basketball Team(s) take part in Basketball Tournament offered by RiseUp Sports.
- RiseUp Sports desires to allow the Coach/Team Representative’s Basketball Team(s) to participate in the Basketball Tournament as set forth in this Agreement.
In contemplation of the above Recitals, which are hereby encompassed into the below Agreement, and in regard of the assurances made herein, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby accepted, the Coach/Team Representative further agrees as follows:
- Team Waiver
- That all the players in the registered Basketball Team(s) are in excellent physical health and with no physical limitations except as set forth in the Medical Release Forms/Documents availed to RiseUp Sports during the registration of the team(s).
- That he/she has adequate understanding and knowledge that youth basketball consists of strenuous and hazardous physical movements likely to expose the players to severe personal injuries.
- That having a full knowledge and understanding of the nature of the game, the he/she agrees to release and discharge RiseUp Sports and all its Affiliated Entities and individuals from any and all liabilities, losses, claims, (including negligence) and demands for personal injury, property damage, and/or other loss(es) suffered by him/herself or any member of the team(s) participating in the Basketball Tournament.
- That he/she shall entirely defend, indemnify, and hold harmless RiseUp Sports and its Associated Entities or individuals from any and all claims, litigations, demands, causes of action, accountability, loss, damage and/or injury of any form whatsoever (including but not limited to claims for financial loss, property destruction, equitable relief, personal injury and/or wrongful death) sustained by the him/her or any team member in the course of the event, whether initiated by an individual or an organization, or imposed by a judicial body or by administrative action of the state or local government body or agency, resulting from, in any way whatsoever, any acts , omissions, negligence, or deliberate conduct on the part of RiseUp Sports, its officials, workers, agents, invitees, volunteers, outworkers, or any of its Affiliated Entity.
- That the indemnification is applicable to and comprises of, with no limitation, the payment of all penalties, charges, rulings, awards, decrees, lawyers’ fees, and other related costs or outgoings as well as any compensation to RiseUp Sports for all the legal fees, expenses, and other costs incurred by it.
- That as a Coach/Team Representative of the aforementioned team(s), he/she has the actual legal power, right, and authority to make and be bound by this Agreement.
- That he/she has full knowledge that this Agreement binds both him/her and all parents and guardians of the registered basketball players in the team(s) and for as guardian/parent of the registered youth Basketball Team(s).
- That as a party to this Agreement, the Coach/Team Representative together with the members of the team(s) are bound by all the terms of the grant and release form contained herein.
- That this Agreement encompasses the entire agreement between the Parties related to the issues specified herein and supersedes any prior oral or written statements or agreements between the parties related to such matters.
- That neither the Coach/Team Representative nor RiseUp Sports shall be bound by any supplement, modification, or amendment of this Agreement unless executed by both parties.
Image Use Release
- That as a Coach/Team Representative, he/she gives RiseUp Sports an irrevocable right and permission to copyright for any publication, photograph, and/videotapes taken of him/her or any member of the team(s) for use for any form of publication, audiovisual presentation, website, social media sites, and/or online presentations related to the services offered by the RiseUp Basketball Tournaments or for any other related purpose.
- That as the Coach/Team Representative to the team(s), he/she agrees that an Electronic Signature (E-Signature) to this Agreement is the legal equivalent of his/her manual/handwritten signature and is as valid as if the document was signed manually.
- That by electronically signing this Agreement using any electronic device, means, or action, the Coach/Team Representative consents to be legally bound by all the terms of this Agreement.
FROM THE FOREGOING, the Coach/Team Representative agrees to append his/her electronic signature as below:
Electronic Signature is below.