PARADE ENTRY GUIDELINES
2018 Rogers Christmas Parade
Please read the following parade guidelines prior to submitting your application and payment. Signature on the application indicates all participants in the parade entry understand and agree to the following guidelines:
1. The parade entry fee is $30. All bands are free. Entry must be submitted with a completed and signed Parade Application by November 16th to Main Street Rogers; Application fee is non-refundable.
2. No entry will be allowed in the parade line-up without the completed application.
3. Float/entry must adhere to the application description, be entertaining to all ages, decorated in festive and fun holiday style in keeping with the parade theme. Business/corporate vehicles without holiday themed decorations will not be allowed.
4. Parade units must select one person to be their Parade Team Leader. The Parade Team Leader will be the primary contact person for the parade unit before, during and after the parade and should be the only person contacting Main Street Rogers with questions to communicate back to the parade team. Parade leaders must attend a participant meeting held November 29, 2018, at 5:30pm at Rogers City Hall Community Room.
5. Parade team Leader should provide clear and specific arrangements for drop off and pick up before and after the parade.
6. Parade entries will be judged with the following criteria:
· Non-float (Marching/Walking groups, cars and bands) Judges will also be looking for adherence to the theme; creativity; innovative use of materials; craftsmanship. All judging will occur during the parade itself. Judges will be selected/ solicited by Main Street Rogers and are volunteers. All judges’ decisions will be made independent of outside influence and are deemed final. Decisions will be posted on the Main Street Rogers website and distributed to social media when available.
7. Due to overhead electrical wires and obstructions on the parade route, floats and entries cannot exceed the 14ft. height limit from ground to top of float.
8. Drivers of floats or vehicles: must be over the age of 18, must be fully insured to drive the parade vehicle, and must provide a copy of current driver’s license and proof of insurance to Main Street Rogers.
9. Signs designating the name of the group should be placed on both sides of each float or in front of each walking group.
10. Candy, toys and trinkets may be handed out; not thrown. Items must be listed on application for approval.
11. All children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult.
12. Children under 5 years old, not directly accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian, will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
13. Only the OFFICAL PARADE SANTA CLAUS will be allowed in the parade. No other live Santa Claus characters will be allowed to participate in the event.
14. All animals must be leashed and/or harnessed, and under close supervision at all times and must be cleaned up after immediately throughout the parade route. CLEAN UP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENTRANT.
15. Distribution of pamphlets, newsletters, and other documentation is not allowed during the parade, on the parade route or the parade assembly area unless approved by Main Street Rogers.