A completed application includes:
• This completed form
• $75 nonrefundable application fee (paid by credit card below or by check made payable to Spertus Institute and sent under separate cover)
• Admissions essay (uploaded below): The essay must be clear and concise, indicating writing ability at the graduate level. No specific length is required.
Part I: Include information about your educational background, personal and professional goals, and who you are. Spertus is interested in the writing and presentation skills of our applicants, therefore the essay must be clear, concise, and persuasive. We are also interested in the needs and goals of our applicants, so please discuss what you hope to learn in our program as well as your plans for the future.
Part II: Identify one challenging issue in contemporary Jewish life and offer reflections on how you would address it.
• Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including those where no credit was received
• Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to evaluate your academic achievement and potential for successful completion of the DSJS or DHL program
• A professional resume (uploaded below)