TREE Institute International
TERMS & CONDITIONS
$500.00 per person deposit with the application is required to hold a space.
$500.00 of the deposit is non-refundable
The balance of the trip is due by March 15, 2020
All payments can be made by credit card or check only. Make your checks payable to TREE Institute International. Please indicate Andes Research Trip on the check.
$500.00 of the deposit is non-refundable
As of March 15, the entire amount of the trip is nonrefundable.
Please keep in mind; TREE must pay advance deposits for hotel, tour and transportation including international flights on your behalf and for this reason, we cannot make exceptions to our cancellation policy.
Substitute travelers: Should you not be able to travel after deposits are non-refundable, you have the option to substitute travelers up to 60 days before the departure date. There will be a one-time $250 administrative fee to process the transfer plus any additional transportation costs (i.e., prepurchased airline tickets).
Credit cards accepted for a 3% convenience fee.
Gratuities for the research station staff
Extras, not indicated on the itinerary.
Your acceptance on this tour is dependent upon TREE Institute International receiving your payment in full, passport copies, completed and signed reservation form, Terms & Conditions and TourParticipant Agreement: Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk.
Participants require a valid passport with at least 6 months' validity from the return date. The TREE Institute requires a copy of your passport to be provided to us by March 15, 2020. The TREE Institute International is not and will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from improper passports or other documents.
This tour requires average physical activity. You should be in good health, able to climb stairs and walk reasonable distances, over uneven grounds and cobblestone streets, up and down slopes.
GOOD TRAVELER CODE:
Travel is unpredictable by nature. Though we work hard to anticipate any unwelcome surprises, that is not always possible due to the sheer number of variables involved in group travel. An understanding of this, as well as a good-natured attitude and a sense of humor, will make for an enjoyable experience for all!
TREE Institute International reserves the right to take photographs during the course of the tour and to use them for promotional purposes. By booking this tour, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such photographs.
Travel insurance, Excess baggage fees, telephone calls, personal items, individual purchases, room service, meals not listed in the itinerary, alcoholic beverages or other special beverages ordered at group meals, optional extensions and everything else not expressly mentioned under “Included.”
CHANGES TO THE ITINERARY:
This trip has been organized by TREE Institute International and we reserve the right to make changes to the itinerary if due to unforeseen circumstances, it becomes necessary. If for some reason a change needs to be made, the level of service and quality will be equal to what has been agreed upon in the itinerary. We will advise the group of the change immediately. If the tour should cancel any purchased airfare is the traveler's responsibility.
While we take every effort to ensure participants’ luggage is handled carefully, TREE Institute International cannot be responsible, assume liability or accept claims for loss or damage to luggage. It is essential participants have adequate travel insurance to cover these eventualities.
TOUR Participant Agreement: Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE SERVICES OF TREE INSTITUTE INTERNATIONAL, THEIR AGENTS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, VOLUNTEERS, PARTICIPANTS, EMPLOYEES, AND ALL OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “TREE”) ACTING IN ANY CAPACITY ON THEIR BEHALF. I HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND DISCHARGE TREE ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, MY CHILDREN, MY PARENTS, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE AND ESTATE AS FOLLOWS:
1. I acknowledge that the TOUR for which I am registered and conducted by TREE entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the TOUR.
The risks include, but are not limited to: hazards of traveling in estuaries and swamps; travel in remote areas; accident, illness or disease in remote places without medical facilities; the forces of nature; travel by air, boat, automobile, or other means of transportation; tidal conditions and currents; exposure to sun, strong winds, heat, cold, storms and lightning; personal injuries; slips and falls while hiking; and rapidly changing adverse weather conditions.
Furthermore, TREE trip leaders and organizers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness level or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used during the Tour might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in the TOUR(S) conducted by TREE in which I have elected to participate. My participation in the TOUR(S) is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the known or unknown risks. While TREE and its affiliates will make every effort to keep the schedule of times and activities, there may be situations within the country that occur that are beyond TREE’s control. All participants must acknowledge that items like power outages, water loss, un-expected road closures, or equipment breakdowns may force a change of itinerary or cause possible delays. I agree to notify the trip leader/guide if I am not going to participate in any of the activities on the itinerary. There is no compensation for airline delays.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TREE from any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries, liabilities, actions, causes of action, demands, judgments, costs, expenses of every kind and character, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or which are in any way connected with my participation in the TREE TOUR(S), including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions on the part of TREE. I further release TREE from responsibility for: (I) Any act or default committed by them; (II) Any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, or expense resulting from the use of any vehicle, strike, war, terrorism, weather, sickness, quarantine, government restriction or regulation; (III) Any act or omission of any hotel, airline, bus, taxi service, steamship, railroad, restaurant, TREE Institute International and/or TOUR affiliates at any other habitats visited during the TOUR(S); or (IV) Any other financial obligation or liability, or damage or injury to myself, or to my property.
4. I understand that the TOUR(S) involves exercise and/or hiking and that before participating, I should consult my physician. I assume all risk of injury that may be sustained by engaging in the TOUR(S) or by others that may result from my participation and I agree to assume all risk of damage to personal property I own or is owned by others that may result from my participation in the TOUR(S).
5. I warrant and represent that I am in good health and that I have no special needs or instructions in regard to my physical condition and that I am able to participate in the TOUR(S) without limitation. At a minimum, I am expected to be able to climb 2 flights of stairs, walk a ¼ mile, and stand for 15-20 minutes at a time.
6. Should TREE or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorneys’ fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
7. I hereby waive any and all right to a trial by jury for any claim made in connection with my participation in the TOUR(S). I acknowledge that most of the areas I will visit are not ADA compliant and there may exist broken pavement, ground holes, rubble, and other potential walking hazards. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
9. I authorize TREE personnel to call medical care for me [and/or my child] and to transport the same to a medical facility or hospital if, in the sole opinion of such personnel, medical attention is needed for me [and/or my child]. Further, I agree to pay any and all costs and expenses associated with any such medical care and/or related transport and I hereby indemnify and hold harmless TREE of any and from all such costs.
10. I irrevocably grant TREE permission to use and own the copyright to any photograph, videotape or other likenesses of myself [and/or my child] while participating in the TOUR(S); such material, including publishing my name [and/or my child’s name], may be used in any medium for any purpose whatsoever.
11. I agree that TREE reserves the right to end my trip with them if my personal conduct is a risk to the group, the country's culture, or to the reputation of TREE.
12. If I plan to collect any type of plant material, I acknowledge that I must be in compliance with the host country and the United States regulations and agree to provide TREE with the required paperwork two weeks in advance of the trip. In addition, I agree that I will pay any costs related to delays or detainment of the group as a result of my collection activities.
13. In the event that I file a lawsuit against TREE, I agree to do so solely in a federal or state court in the State of Florida, and I further agree that the substantive law of Florida shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
14. This agreement is binding on my estate, heirs, administrators, and assigns.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in any TREE activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against TREE on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. In summation, I certify that I am fully capable of participating in this activity. Therefore, I assume full responsibility for myself, any pre-existing medical conditions, for bodily injury, loss of personal property, and expenses thereof as a result of those recommendations/or of my negligence in participating in this activity. I am going of my own free will and do not hold TREE Institute International or any of its affiliates responsible for my actions or anything resulting from them.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I understand its meaning and accept to be bound by the terms and conditions stated in the above Participant Agreement, as well as the general information packet concerning the TOUR(S) and its itinerary that were provided separately.