TERMS AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Participants (each, a “Participant” or “you”) in any activity or program offered by the Niagara Cricket Club Inc. (“NCC”), including, but not limited to, the Niagara T20 Cricket Tournament (the “Tournament”), should be aware of the possible risks inherent in participating in the sport of cricket and the Tournament. NCC strongly recommends that each Participant ensure that they are physically able to participate in the Tournament, which may require a physical examination by a medical professional. Each Participant is responsible for their own personal health during the Tournament and must carry their own accident and health insurance.
It is possible for Participants to suffer common injuries including, but not limited to, rolled or sprained ankles, fracture fingers, cuts and bruises, knee problems, impact injuries, head injuries, back and trunk injuries. More serious, but less frequent, injuries such as broken bones or worse may also occur. These injuries, and others, may result from such incidents as, but not limited to, rapid change in direction, hit by a ball or bat, colliding with another player, improper equipment, slipping, falling, or being knocked to the ground, or injuries that may occur while travelling to the Tournament.
By signing below, you hereby affirm that you are aware of your physical condition and that you are voluntarily participating in the Tournament. You are aware that such participation may result in possible injury, sickness or perhaps worse as a result of the nature of the sport of cricket, and that you are assuming any risk that may be involved from your participation in the Tournament. You further agree to be photographed or video taped and/or during live streaming while photos/videos/live streaming to be used for the purpose of promotion of the Tournament on various social and electronics media and/or for marketing and promotions of the game of cricket and sponsors.
As consideration for the right to participate in the Tournament and/or other activities and services provided by NCC and the Niagara Cricket Centre, its owners, agents and employees, you, on behalf of yourself, your executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, and successors, hereby covenant to hold harmless and indemnify NCC and Niagara Cricket Centre and all of its officers, departments, agencies, agent and employees from any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries, fines, penalties and costs (including court costs and attorney’s fees), charges, liabilities, or exposures, however caused, resulting from, arising out of, or in any connection to your or your minor family member’s participation in the Tournament or related activities.
The novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and local governments and health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
NCC is using preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, NCC cannot guarantee that you or any other member or participant in the Tournament will not become infected with COVID-19. Attending or participating in the Tournament could increase your risk and the risk of anyone you come in contact with of contracting COVID-19.
By signing below, you (or, if applicable, the minor which you are a guardian of that is named above):
- acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and that many public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
- acknowledge that NCC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- acknowledge that NCC cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
- understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to, other cricket players, their families and anyone they have been in contact with.
- voluntarily seek to participate in the Tournament and acknowledge that you are increasing your risk to exposure to COVID-19.
- acknowledge that you must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while participating in the Tournament.
By signing below, you (or, if applicable, the minor which you are a guardian of that is named above) attest that:
- You are not experiencing (and will not attend the Tournament if you experience) any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- You have not (and will not attend the Tournament if you have) traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- You do not (and will not attend the Tournament if you do) believe you have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You have not (and will not attend the Tournament if you have) been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by provincial or local public health authorities.
- You have (and will not attend the Tournament if you have not) been following all recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to COVID-19.
By signing below, you, or, if applicable, the minor which you are a guardian of that is named above, release and agree to hold NCC and Niagara Cricket Centre, its members, employees, agents, and other representatives harmless from, and waive on behalf of yourself, your heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property ("Claims") that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of NCC or any NCC members, agents or representatives, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with the Tournament, including Claims caused by the negligence of NCC or any of its members, agents, and representatives.
You understand that this waiver discharges and releases NCC from any liability or claim related to the occurrence of a COVID-19 infection that you, your heirs, or any personal representatives may have against NCC with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from NCC or the Tournament that you participate in. This liability waiver and release extends to all persons involved in the Tournament including coaches, managers, players, parents, volunteers, and all other persons however involved in the Tournament.