Client Disclosure Form
Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle (ULMS) is pleased that you have come to us for services and are looking forward to working with you. We are here to assist you in resolving your housing issues. However, you may use services other than those provided by this agency. Generally, your services may include the following:
• The gathering of essential demographic and financial information to help us resolve your housing need
• An assessment of your housing situation
• A case management plan that provides instructions and identifies resources for resolving your housing need
• Individual face to face, telephone, and/or group counseling designed to guide you through the process of resolving housing needs.
• Follow-up calls and/or letters to track the outcome of our services:
1) Pre-purchase Counseling = Preparing for Home Purchase
2) Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops = Online classes
3) Fair Housing Pre-Purchase Education Workshops = Group
4) Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling = Mortgage Assistance
5) Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Workshops = After purchase counsel
6) Financial Management/Budget Counseling = Budgeting
7) Financial, Budgeting and Credit Workshops = Credit & Budget Education
8) Non-Delinquency Post Purchase = Property taxes, maintaining the home
ULMS upholds the highest standards of customer service. As such, ULMS staff members providing these services will adhere to the following guidelines:
ULMS does not offer legal counsel or services. ULMS staff members will provide counseling, group education, and/or instructional information only regarding your housing, personal financial management, or credit situation under this program.
ULMS does not provide debt consolidation services nor will any member of ULMS staff takeover or assume responsibility for the finances of any participating client.
ULMS does not pay or receive fees or other considerations for referrals to or from any program administered by us.
ULMS staff members will not recommend that clients participate or engage in any services whereby the staff members themselves or any member of their immediate family have a financial interest.
No staff member of ULMS will disclose any personal information without proper authorization of the participant.
ULMS strongly believes in and promotes housing choice. To that end, ULMS does not endorse any realtor or lender.
Participants in ULMS’s Pre-Purchase Counseling/Down Payment Assistance Programs shop for and select the lender and realtor that best suits their needs.
ULMS, in many instances, will need to pull your credit report in order to assess the condition of your credit either to determine your readiness for ownership or to assist in the resolution of mortgage delinquency. ULMS has the ability to pull your credit with little to no effect on your credit score.
ULMS employs persons who are qualified to provide the services rendered. To that end, all ULMS housing counselors are required to be certified. New counselors employed by ULMS have one year to acquire such certification, which can be obtained through the Association of Housing Counselors, the National Federation of Housing Counselors, or Neighbor Works. Central to ULMS’s mission is the elimination of housing discrimination. All of ULMS’s programs and services are required to educate participants.
Please be advised that you, the client, are not obligated to receive, purchase, or utilize any other services offered by ULMS, or its exclusive partners, in order to receive housing counseling services.