Dear Media Team Applicant:
We are excited by your interest in being part of the 2018-2019 Student Engagement Media Team. The Media Team (6 students) is a joint-venture with Student Engagement and Marketing Communications, both supporting student groups along with providing content for marketing purposes. The Media Team brings expertise to areas of photo and video for both website and social media use. Occasionally, the team will support student groups with AV production and sound resource.
The position requires a weekly meeting, filming or photographing assigned events and programs, editing videos & photos, creating promotional, highlight, and marketing videos. Members of the Media Team are expected to become an active and integral part of the Student Engagement culture along with acting as an effective ambassador to connect student perspective to the college’s marketing strategy.
We ask that you consider the following before you apply:
1. You are committed to the Media Team for the full academic year, fulfilling responsibilities as described above.
2. As a student leader, you currently must have and thus maintain a 2.5 GPA.
3. Required attendance at HoneyRock leadership retreat (August 13-18, 2018)
4. Required time on campus for Orientation, work, and training before classes begin (August 20-29, 2018)
5. You are required to attend all weekly meetings.
Your complete application is due March 28 @ 5pm. Interviews will take place the week of April 2. Two references (1 peer and 1 professor/staff/mentor) are required. Please send your references the following link. Also, please include in this application a link to a website or portfolio that highlights your work.
For more information:
Current Media Team Chair, Abbey Fuster (email@example.com)
Barb Nussbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the SAO
Andrew Suk (email@example.com) in the Marketing Communications Dept.