The following guidelines pertain to administering medications during program hours. Please complete one form per child for each medication.
1. Written parent/guardian permission is required to administer medication. Directions are recorded for proper amount or dosage, including time and days medication is to be administered.
2. If a child has a chronic medical problem, the parent may sign a medication authorization for up to a nine-month period for prescribed medicationto be administered when symptoms occur. Parents are notified when medication is administered.
3. Prescription medication is not to be administered unless the medication is part of a prescribed therapeutic treatment.
4 All medication must be provided by the parent in the original container and labeled with the child's full name, date, directions and physicians name (prescriptions only).
5. Staff administers medication according to the label directios and only to the chld for whom it is intended.
6. Each dosage administered is recorded by desginated staff and the records are available to parents.
7. All medications are inaccessible to children and stored in a manner that prevents contamination of food.
8. Medication is either returned to to the parent or disposed of properly when it is out-of-date or the child has withdrawn from the program.
9. Please understand that it may not always be possible to administer medication as requested. We are not required by law to administer medication and only do so as a service to parents. While we strive to fulfill your requests, we cannot be responsible for missed doses.