Organization: Afghan Canadian Islamic Community
Position Title: Database Administrator
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Department: Accounting and Internal Communication
Reporting to: The Accountant and Internal Communication In-Charge
Type: Part Time, Contract (30 hours per week July 03 – August 29, 2018)
Application Deadline: June 07th, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Position start date: July 03, 2018
We’re looking for a Junior Database Administrator to join our Development Team and help us take things to the next level. This is not a home-based position. The Database Administrator will have strong attention to detail, must be outcome-oriented and must have demonstrated performance in a fast-paced environment. He/she should understand the importance of database integrity in terms of both efficiency and security.
● Manage and process large quantities of incoming and outgoing members’ data.
● Assist with daily database operations.
● Build out data transfer process for new members and make changes for existing members.
● Develop automated and standardized reporting solutions.
● Use specialized software to store and organize data, such as financial information and members’ personal informations.
● Make sure that data are available to users and secure from unauthorized access.
● Application support requests for data updates and extracts.
● Perform capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration,, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
● Install new applications and customise existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
● Willingness to adhere to and enforce all ACIC policies and procedures.
● Working various shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and shift work.
● Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team in a leadership capacity, as well as work independently.
● Familiarity with the principles of database design.
● Experience with relational database, backups, restores and recovery models.
● Proven performance in fast-paced environment.
● Hands on experience with database scripting.
● Proficiency and experience in the workplace in Excel and data management.
● High attention to detail.
● Ability to pass a police background check.
● Excellent oral and written English and Dari communications skills.
Due to Canada Summer Jobs Funding the Candidate Must:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only),
vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Afghan Canadian Islamic Community is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of indivIf contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
iduals in our programs and services.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.