Organization: Afghan Canadian Islamic Community
Position Title: School Administrator
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Reporting to: The School In-Charge
Type: Part Time, Contract (30 hours per week July 03 – August 29, 2018)
Application Deadline: June 07th, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Position start date: July 03, 2018
We are looking for a proactive School Administrator, who is passionate about assisting students to achieve success as they progress through their academic journey, from new student orientation to graduation.
School Administrator will communicate regularly with students, maintain records of their performance, and intervene if declines in grades or attendance occur. He/She should be able to assist management and all visitors to the school by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail.
● Displaying an interest in student development and building rapport with students.
● Identifying student strengths and weaknesses.
● Maintaining updated reports on student progress.
● Intervening if behavioral or academic abnormalities occur.
● Demonstrate a strong understanding of institutional policies.
● Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports, setting up for meetings.
● Analyzing data and tracking student progress towards goals.
● Liaisons with ACIC staff and other community partners if needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Willingness to adhere to and enforce all ACIC policies and procedures.
● Working various shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and shift work.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team in a leadership capacity, as well as work independently.
● Ability to maintain accurate and updated records concerning student performance.
● A desire to help students succeed.
● Detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
● Effective at communicating and problem solving.
● Ability to pass a police background check.
● Excellent oral and written English and Dari communications skills.
Due to Canada Summer Jobs Funding the Candidate Must:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only),
vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Afghan Canadian Islamic Community is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.