Organization: Afghan Canadian Islamic Community
Position Title: Website Administrator
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Department: Internal Communication Section
Reporting to: Communication Officer
Type: Part Time, Contract (30 hours per week July 03 – August 29, 2018)
Application Deadline: June 07th, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Position start date: July 03, 2018
We are looking for a skilled Website Administrator who will be responsible for directing and/or performing our Website updates.
● Regular maintenance of databases as required and directed by thel Communication officer.
● Responsible for the technical management of the assigned websites
● Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
● Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
● Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
● Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
● Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
● Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
● Testing and improving the design of the website.
● Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
● Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
● Liaisons with ACIC staff and other community partners if needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Willingness to adhere to and enforce all ACIC policies and procedures.
● Working various shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and shift work.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team in a leadership capacity, as well as work independently.
● Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
● Detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
● Effective at communicating and problem solving.
● Ability to pass a police background check.
● Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
● Good understanding of content management systems.
● Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
● Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
● Excellent visual design skills.
● Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
● Excellent oral and written English and Dari communications skills.
Due to Canada Summer Jobs Funding the Candidate Must:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only),
vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Afghan Canadian Islamic Community is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.