Organization: Afghan Canadian Islamic Community
Position Title: Youth Coordinator
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Department: Youth Section
Reporting to: The Youth Section In-Charge
Type: Part Time, Contract (30 hours per week July 03 – August 29, 2018)
Application Deadline: June 07th, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Position start date: July 03, 2018
We are looking for a positive, compassionate Youth Coordinator to schedule and coordinate events in an effort to engage ACIC youth members.
The Youth Coordinator will create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events. He/She will will assist in developing programming and co-facilitates the Youth Section Programs and Activities; providing field placement guidance and support, and to assist in the development of youth led community initiatives within a community development framework.
● Handling logistics to make the event possible, such as making phone calls, advertising, managing inventory and budgets, training and motivating volunteers, and coordinating transportation.
● Observing participants at events to gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve events and reporting medical concerns or observations.
● Assists in planning and implements activities that enhance positive leadership qualities provides peer-support to other members of the program team
● Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
● Liaisons with ACIC staff and other community partners if needed
● Assists in conducting recruitment, registration, maintain files and daily attendance
● Assists in monitoring and maintaining adequate supplies and equipment for programming
● Providing participants with instructions for the event, ensures all programming meets Health and Safety Standards
● Willingness to adhere to and enforce all ACIC policies and procedures.
● Working various shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and shift work.
● Flexibility over the course of the work term as staff can be re-deployed to various locations, shifts and/or assigned a variety of job responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team in a leadership capacity, as well as work independently.
● Previous experience working outdoors and dealing with customers is preferred
● Participate in the delivery, set up, takedown, clean-up and support for community and special events.
● Detail-oriented and possess excellent time management skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
● Ability to pass a police background check.
● Excellent oral and written English and Dari communications skills.
Due to Canada Summer Jobs Funding the Candidate Must:
(a) be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only),
vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial
legislation and regulations
Afghan Canadian Islamic Community is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.