NOTE: ASA reserves the right to enforce subsequent schedule changes made by the AMOC Committee or by the chairs of ASA Committees. Ancillary organizers will be notified if their requested time must be changed.
2. Meetings/Functions cannot conflict with ASA's educational programming. Educational programs that would take place during ASA program hours are conflicts, and space will not be assigned.
3. Affiliate social events may NOT include any presentation of educational or scientific content to meeting participants.
4. Once space is approved, an email confirming your space will be sent along with the facility information and the name of the facility convention service manager contact that will work directly with the organizer to finalize the meeting/function arrangements.
5. Requests for 24-hour hold on meeting space will not be honored or confirmed by ASA. Such requests will be determined at the discretion of the assigned facility.
6. Promotional materials associated with each meeting/function must first be submitted to ASA for review and final approval. All promotional materials for ancillary meetings must include the following statement: This meeting is NOT an official program of ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2018. The name American Society of Anesthesiologists, the acronym ASA, ASA logo and the ASA Annual Meeting logo are registered trademarks of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. Use of the aforementioned in conjunction with promotional materials without the express written consent of ASA is prohibited.
Promotion of meetings is not permitted in/around the convention center, in the headquarter facilities, or through "room drops." ASA does not provide its mailing list for ancillary meeting use. Limited, modest, on-site directional signage for ancillary meeting attendees is allowed. Signage must be specific; signs should clearly state the name and location of the event and should be professional in nature.
7. Any and all costs for services levied by the assigned facility (including but not limited to meeting space rental, catering, audio visual, etc.) or other contracted vendors associated with the affiliate organization and/or its agents meeting/function are the sole responsibility of the organizer. ASA is not responsible for payment of any services connected with the event.
8. Organizations will be notified via email when their application has been received. All groups will be notified in mid-May of meeting space approval and assigned facility placement. Please do not contact ASA by call or email prior to mid-May.
9. Organizations who contact facilities on their own or otherwise attempt to circumvent ASA ancillary meeting space assignment process are subject to denial.
10. ASA reserves the right to accept, reject or condition acceptance, based on ASA's sole discretion, for any reason, which need not be disclosed to the organization. All outstanding obligations to ASA by the organization, including payment of all debts must be fulfilled prior to space assignment.
11. The organization shall protect, indemnify, hold harmless and defend ASA, its officers, directors, agents, members and employees against all such claims, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, resulting from the organization's negligence or willful misconduct; provided that the foregoing shall not apply to injury, loss or damage caused by or resulting from the negligence of ASA, its officers, directors, agents, members or employees.
ASA has the full authority to interpret or amend these rules at its sole discretion. All decisions will be final. Affiliates agree to abide by any Terms and Conditions that may hereafter be adopted. All matters or questions not covered by the above Terms and Conditions are subject to the discretion of ASA. These Terms and Conditions may be amended at any time by ASA, and all amendments shall be equally binding on all parties. In the event of any amendment or addition to these guidelines, written notice will be given by ASA to such parties.