Sea Mar Community Health Centers seeks emerging and established Latino/a artists to submit work and qualifications to exhibit in the Fiestas Patrias celebration occurring Saturday, September 15 and Sunday, September 16 at Seattle Center in Seattle, WA.
Several Latin American countries observe their independence during the month of September and the Fiestas Patrias celebration reminds us that the spirit of freedom is indomitable and helps maintain a bond between Latinos in the Northwest and their home countries throughout the Americas.
Eligibility and Entries:
This is an opportunity for emerging and established Latino/a artists from the Northwest to exhibit their work at a family festival with attendance numbers exceeding 20,000 people. Our objective is to create a forum for Latino artists residing in the Pacific Northwest.
Acceptable art forms include, but are not limited to, drawing, painting, photography, mixed media, prints, fiber, stone, glass, and ceramics. Special hardware requirements for mounting and displaying must be provided by the artist. Artwork must be ready for installation and display. Artists will be required to sign a release of liability to exhibit.
Submissions should be digital files in appropriate formats, preferably Word (12pt font) and JPEG (high quality), consisting of:
- Please share a short summary (200-250 words) sharing a brief biography and inspirations & themes of submitted artwork.
Photo Images of Artwork
- Please submit images of artwork for selection (1-4 images per piece)
- Please provide a list of the following information for each piece of artwork:
Title of artwork
Monetary value (if for sale)
Art Exhibit Liability Release
- Please read and initial in the fill-in box below.
We will make a good faith effort to involve the artist in edits of text, however we reserve the right to edit all text content and descriptions displayed or publicized.
If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties contact ¡VIVA! Co-Coordinators Christina Mendoza and Stephanie Velasco at VivaArt@seamarchc.org.
- Deadline for submitting application is August 17, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.
- Artists selected for the exhibition will be notified by September 5, 2018.
- Artists should be responsible for bringing the art piece/s to Sea Mar Community Health Centers at 1040 S. Henderson St. Seattle, WA 98109 between the dates of September 6–September 13, 2018. Note: In order to safeguard your artwork, it is important that it is transported safely to Seattle Center. If possible, please make sure your artwork is secure and protected, ready for transportation.
- Artists are responsible for picking up art from exhibition at the Armory Gallery in Seattle Center, September 16, 2018 between 5:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.