FAQ's - How to use the ONLINE Registration Form. Please READ before registering.
1) What is the difference between the Workshops and a Working or Audit Spot?
Working Spots: All the Workshops offer Working Spots but they are limited so each dog/ handler team can recieve individual instruction. A Working spot means you are a Dog / Handler team, will handle your dog and recieve instruction from Mitch plus participate as a member of the audience. The Transition & Advanced Water Workshops are limited to 15 Working spots. In the Problem Solving Workshop the limit is 12 Working spots.
Audit: All Workshops offer Unlimited Audit spots. An Audit spot means you will participate as a member of the audience and in the setups at the Workshops but will not handle a dog.
2) When can I register for the Workshop?
Registration for the Mitch White Workshop will open on Friday December 1st, 2017 at 8:00am and close Fri April 20th, 2018 at 8:00pm. All filled out registrations and payment in full must be recieved by the closing date.
3) How do I make sure to get an Audit spot?
Audit spots are unlimited but payment and registration must still be recieved by the closing date to make sure we get enough material & work-books printed for everyone! Auditing is a GREAT way to learn how to train your dog!
4) How do I make sure to get a Working spot?
When registration is "Limited" - it is to make sure each working handler/ dog team receive enough personalized instruction and help. If your interest is to participate in a limited working spot, please register as early as possible. The limited registration spots will be filled on a first come first serve basis and a $50 deposit is required within 7 business days to hold your spot. If the limit fills before the closing date a waiting list will be kept and no deposit is required to be on the waiting list. It is the sole descretion of Mitch White (your workshop instructor) to make a final decision whether he will accept any registrations above the limits that were set for a workshop in the premium list. Bitches in season are welcome to participate.
Note: If working spots are full and you want to be on the waitlist and do not wish to Audit, select "Waitlist" only. If you would like to Audit and be on the working spot waitlist please select BOTH "Audit" & "Waitlist".
5) Can I handle more than one dog in a working spot?
A Working spot is considered a handler /dog team. In the Transition & Advanced Water Workshops you may list up to TWO (2) dogs but you will only be able to run ONE (1) of your dogs per training segment. Mitch will decide which handler / dog teams run which segments depending on the dog's level. In other words a handler with one dog will be given EQUAL time to a handler with two dogs since only one working spot was purchased. In the Problem Solving Workshop you will only be able to run ONE (1) dog.
6) Can I purchase more than one working spot?
At this time you may only purchase one (1) working spot at each Workshop unless the Workshops do not fill.
7) Do I have to register using the online form?
Yes; By using the online form to register it allows us to import the data you provide which avoids errors and ommissions by copying or typing. It's really easy, simply enter the information into the blank fields, select your Audit or Working Spots. The program will total the payment required for you. Enter the date and print your name to accept the terms and conditions then click on "SUBMIT".
8) How do I submit payment for my registration?
- There are Two payment methods available. GST is applicable to all entry fees.
2. Cheque - Once you have completed the online registration form click on the Blue SUBMIT button and you will immediately recieve a confirmation window with payment instructions. The pop up window will include the payee (Barbara Loree & Kathy Miner - this is who to write the cheque to) & mailing address 7531 Albert Rd., Black Creek BC V9J 1G4.
3. Email Transfer - Once you have completed the online registration form click on the Blue SUBMIT button and you will immediately recieve a confirmation window with payment instructions including the pass code to use for the email transfer. Email address to use is firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember a $50 deposit is required to hold a working or participant spot and all payments (in Canadian funds plus 5% GST) must be received in full by Fri April 20th, 2018.
9) What is the refund and cancellation policy?
The $50 deposit for a Working spot is Non-refundable. There will be NO refunds for ANY registrations after the closing date April 20th, 2018. If a dog cannot participate in a working spot due to illness or death, a refund may be requested in writing and must be accompanied by a veterinarian’s certificate prior to the start of the Workshop. If any of the Workshops are cancelled due to unforseen cirucumstances, all registration payments including deposits will be refunded in full.
10) US payments
We can accept US cheques. The RBC international exchange calculator will be used and a $7 service charge will be added.
Please note: If your puppy or retriever is not at a beginning transition level in training yet and you would like to pursue Puppy or Basics Retreiver Training Classes on Vancouver Island. Please visit the Upper Island Retriever Club Website www.uirc.ca . They have ongoing opportunities to work with young pups and retreivers. Auditing these workshops is a great way to learn.