All Applicants must
• Be a resident of NYC (the five boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens and The Bronx)
• Be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled at N.C. A&T State University
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
• Upload a copy of their letter of acceptance from N.C. A&T (new students only)
• Upload a copy of their proof of enrollment (current A&T students - any new students who win the scholarship will be required to submit proof of enrollment from the Registrar's office before the award will be disbursed)
• Upload a copy of their transcript from the university or high school
• Include at least one letter of reference (from school faculty member, fellow church member, friend, etc.) Letters must include the recommenders contact information for verification purposes.
You must also submit an essay (minimum 500 words) answering these three questions:
- Why should you be selected as a recipient of our award?
- What made you want to attend North Carolina A&T?
- What are your long-term career goals?
2. Monetary Award and Number of Scholarships
The monetary awards and the number of scholarships to be awarded will be determined by the amount of funds available and the number of applicants approved by the scholarship committee.
3. Scholarship Award Disbursement
All awards will be made payable to the student upon verification of enrollment. If enrollment verification is not received by August 1st, the award recipient will forfeit the scholarship and no award amount will be paid. If a student is awarded a scholarship and does not attend North Carolina A&T for any reason, the awarded amount must be returned in full immediately.
4. Submission Instructions
All applications must be submitted online by the June 1st deadline. All materials must be receieved by the June 1st deadline. Once again, there are no exceptions.