The Momentum Group DBA Create Common Good, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization organized and existing under the laws of the State of Oregon, and its board of directors, officers, employees, volunteers, staff, other administrators, agents, and sponsors (all collectively referred to for purposes of this Release as “Create Common Good”). Create Common Good, conducts job training, development and placement for persons with barriers to employment.
The Participant desires to perform services for and with Create Common Good on a volunteer basis. The Participant understands that the activities may include, but are not limited to, teaching or participating in classroom activities, working in a commercial kitchen, fundraising, working with persons with barriers to employment (e.g., refugees & immigrants, persons exiting the prison system, persons overcoming substance abuse, survivors of domestic violence, persons struggling with homeless) and other similar tasks.
Participant freely and voluntarily, without duress, executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. Participant releases and forever discharges and hold harmless Create Common Good from any claim or liability that Participant may have against Create Common Good with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from participation in Create Common Good’s operations. Participant also understands that Create Common Good does not assume any responsibility or obligation to provide financial or other assistance, including but not limited to: medical, health or disability insurance or care, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage (see insurance requirements below).
2. Insurance. Create Common Good does not carry or maintain, and expressly disclaims responsibility for providing any type of insurance, including but not limited to health, medical, disability, vehicle or liability insurance coverage for the Participant. EACH PARTICIPANT IS EXPECTED AND ENCOURAGED TO CARRY APPLICABLE INSURANCE PRIOR TO VOLUNTEERING WITH CREATE COMMON GOOD. The Participant understands that the Participant will be responsible (either covered by personal medical insurance, or personal finances) for any costs associated with a personal injury or illness.
3. Medical Treatment. Except as otherwise agreed to by Create Common Good in writing, the Participant hereby releases and forever discharges Create Common Good from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the Participant’s time with Create Common Good.
4. Assumption of Risk. The Participant understand that the Participant’s time with Create Common Good may include activities that may be hazardous to the Participant such as driving a car, working in a commercial kitchen with knives & equipment, etc. The Participant hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases Create Common Good from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the activities of Create Common Good.
5. Compensation. The Participant understands that Create Common Good is a volunteer organization and that the Participant is not acting as an employee of Create Common Good and will not receive compensation.
By my signature below, I acknowledge that I have read the above, understand it and agree to the terms.