2021 Scholarship Program Details
The Cass-Morgan Farm Bureau Foundation was organized to carry out charitable, scientific, literary and education work.
Scholarships enhance the future of agriculture by providing financial assistance to CMFB members, or their children who major in an agricultural-related field of study at a recognized junior college or 4-year institution that offers agriculture science courses.
CMFB Foundation will award at least three $1,000 scholarships and the Jo Ann Aufdenkamp Memorial Scholarship ($2,000) to our top applicant. Applicants may have been the recipient of a previous CMFB Foundation scholarship (limit of four times & one time for Aufdenkamp Scholarship).
All applicants must meet the following general criteria to be considered:
1. Must be a high school senior or currently enrolled in college to apply.
2. Must be a CMFB member, or dependent.
3. Must be accepted for enrollment or be enrolled at an accredited junior college or 4-year institution that offers agriculture science courses and plan to major in an agriculture field of study.
4. Must exhibit potential for successful completion of the course of study.
5. Must be a resident of Illinois.
6. Must include a recent official transcript of high school and/or college grades.
7. Must include a senior picture of the like for use in our newsletter. (Past applicants not needed.)
In addition to eligibility guidelines, the following is considered in selecting recipients:
1. Academic Performance
2. Involvement in School Activities and proven Leadership
3. Involvement in the Community
4. Strength of Personal Essay
5. Demonstrated interest in agriculture and agribusiness
6. Strength of Personal Recommendations/References
All scholarship funds are sent to the designated institution prior to the beginning of the academic year. Funds are applied by the institution to be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Scholarship recipients are not restricted from pursuing and accepting other forms of financial aid, assistantship, or tuition waivers.
All applications must be typed and physically turned in OR submitted online (with all uploads being typed) to be considered. The deadline is 5:00 PM CST on March 31, 2021. Cass-Morgan Farm Bureau Foundation, 1152 Tendick St., Jacksonville, IL 62650 (217) 245-6833 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients: Attendance is appreciated at our Playday Fundraiser at The Links in 2021.