Goshen Valley Boys Ranch, located in Waleska, GA, is home to 46 boys in foster care. In an effort to improve the quality of life for these boys, as well as for their house parents, we have created the Goshen Valley Fellows Program.
• Improve supervision and safety
• Disciple and mentor kids in foster care
• Ease heavy workload of house parents
• Plan and execute recreation activities
• Develop professionally through training sessions
-Duties and responsibilities
• Drive kids from houses to on site counseling and tutoring appointments
• Drive kids to and from work and after school activities
• Help students with homework
• Plan and participate in outdoor recreation activities and off campus trips
• Assist with chores and bed time routines
• Seek out opportunities to mentor and disciple kids
• Attend mandatory training sessions
• 21 years old or older by start date
• Possess driver’s license and car insurance
• Active and growing Christian faith
• Able to integrate and work well with the Goshen Valley team
• High school diploma, some college preferred
• Experience working with kids preferred
Each fellow will work two to three shifts per week, and most shift will be five hours long. Most shifts will take place between 4pm and 9 pm.
Job entails working outdoors in all weather and working with youth of various backgrounds and life stages.
Job will likely require lifting of up to 60 pounds, occasional athletic activity, and standing for extended periods of time.
Goshen Valley is open to having the Fellows program count for course credit towards a degree. Some portions of the program can be tailored to fit your course needs. Contact Emiy McPeek at firstname.lastname@example.org with related questions.
You will need to submit one references and a resume with work history later in this application.
Continue to the next section to begin.