Thank you for your interest in participating in LOCnificent Fest 5.0 - FOR THE CULTURE. LOCnificent is an annual day party, with a festival flair, geared towards the celebration of locs and natural hair. The event will feature DJ sets, live performances, a loc'd & nautal hair show, live hair demonstrations, live hair styling, and food and merchandise vendors.
DATE: Sunday, September 24, 2023
TIME: 2pm – 9pm
LOCATION: SILO Brooklyn, 90 Scott Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11237
Application deadline is Friday, August 18, 2023. Applicants will be contacted no later than Friday, August 25th to let them know if they have been selected.
Application fees range from at $75 - $225 and are due upon application approval and no later than Friday, September 1st. Fees are inclusive of all hair show participants including models, locticians and assistants. Guests of participants must purchase a ticket to the event. Particicpants that are opting to vend and sell products must supply their own 6 foot table.
- $75 - Locs and natural hair show only (2 model minimum)
- $75 - Live hair styling demonstration only (2 model minimum)
- $75 - Hair styling station for attendees. This services should be free or be a nominal fee for the attendees ($15 fee maximum).
- $150 - One of the above options + one (1) 6 foot vendor table.
- $225 - Hair show, hair demo, or hair styling + two (2) six foot vendor tables.
- Vendor set-up will be at 11:30AM
- All hair show participants, including locticians, natural hair care professionals, and models, must be on site by 12:30pm SHARP for a walk through, no exceptions.
- Hair show is at 5:00PM.
- The venue is at an indoor, ground floor venue, so loading should not be an issue. It is recommended that you prep your station with lighting that does not require electricity. Lights might be dimmed the last 2-3 hours of the event.
- Vendors are responsible for their own display and setup, including table and tablecloths. Chairs can be provided upon request. Displays should not extend outside of the designated space provided. Example: Racks, displays, banners, etc., cannot extend outside of Vendor Space. Fashion vendors with clothing racks, and other large displays please email us to discuss options.
To apply, please complete this form in its entirety. For questions about the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org