If you are interested in taking any of the personality assessments listed, we encourage you to check out these sites! This is not a required activity for this application, just something we encourage as a way to learn more about one another as we strive to grow together.
Myers-Briggs Personality Test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Enneagram Type Test: http://9types.com/newtest/index.php
StrengthsFinder Assessment: there is no free test for this assessment, but if you are interested in taking it to grow you rleadership skills, please let me know!
Love Languages Quiz: https://www.5lovelanguages.com/quizzes/
Spiritual Gifts Test: https://spiritualgiftstest.com/spiritual-gifts-test-landing/
Thank you for your interest to serve in our family ministry environments! It is important to us that you support the vision, values, and mission of First United Methodist Church. First, know that as a volunteer in this ministry, you’re in a leadership position, and the children and students here will watch what you say and do closely. We think that’s great! You should be a role model for the next generation. And as a role model, your lifestyle is important to us. We want to make sure who you are on Sunday is who you are the rest of the week. There are several issues that are most important to us, so we’ll go into more detail about them in order to ensure that we’re all on the same page.
Regarding Spiritual Behavior
You don't have to have a Doctorate in Theology or have read the Bible cover to cover 50 times to volunteer in Family Ministry, but as spiritual leaders, we do have certain expectations of our volunteers:
- While volunteering, you must be attending a service as well. "You can't pour out of an empty glass." If you are not finding ways to be poured into, then you will not be equipped to pour into others.
- You are actively seeking out regular Christian Community in the form of a Small Group, Bible Study, or Life Group.
Regarding Sexual Behavior
We believe that sex was created by God as an expression of intimacy within the content of marriage. Volunteers who embrace a lifestyle that contradicts this teaching will find themselves having to pretend to be something they’re not and believe something they don’t. To prevent you from a potentially awkward situation, we may ask you not to serve for the following reasons:
- If you have a lifestyle that is not compatible with scripture: (sex outside marriage/pornography/homosexual relationship)
- If you are involved in a sexual relationship and not married.
- If you are currently living with someone of the opposite sex and not married.
- If you are married and are currently involved in a sexual relationship outside of your marriage.
Regarding Substance Behavior
If you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, this might be something God uses in a positive way to impact the future of the next generation. We’d love to talk with you about your story and how it can influence this ministry for God's Glory. We have a few guidelines that will determine your volunteer placement, and a few reasons we may ask you not to serve at this time:
- If you have been arrested/convicted of an alcohol or drug-related offense in the past 12 months.
- If you are currently being treated for alcohol or drug abuse
- If consuming alcohol to the point of being unable to drive legally is a regular part of your lifestyle
Regarding Social Behavior
The kids (and/or the parents of the kids) in your group will definitely seek out your social media page. If you Facebook, blog, tweet, Periscope, Vine, Instagram, or Snapchat, your few will probably follow you through those platforms. We think social media can be a great way to connect with families outside of Sunday! However, they’ll also be able to see everything you post publically. Please leverage your social media with your group in a positive way. Any requests to follow or friend from WRFUMC Staff should be accepted. Please be mindful of these guidelines, and we may ask you not to serve for the following reasons:
- If you use inappropriate language on a regular basis.
- If you post pictures of yourself in revealing clothes.
I agree to the terms above as long as I am a volunteer of Warner Robins First United Methodist Church’s family ministry. If I am unable to uphold this covenant I understand that I will need to resign from my volunteer position or that I may be asked by the leadership to step down.