In addition to the terms and conditions set forth in other sections of this Agreement and the other rules, regulations and policies incorporated herein, the following requirements must be met in order for Resident to be eligible and remain eligible for Residence Housing. The failure to meet the following requirements may result in termination of occupancy under this Agreement and forfeiture of the room rental, housing deposit and other fees paid in connection with Residence Housing. Further, in the event of the dismissal of Resident from Park University, withdrawal of Resident as a student from Park University, or Resident ceasing to be a full-time student at Park University (see #1 below), Resident’s occupancy under this Agreement will terminate and Resident will have seven days to move out of Residence Housing.
1. Resident must be a full-time (12 or more credit hours) enrolled student at Park University who has timely paid for Residence Housing pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
3. Initial occupancy is required on or before the first day of classes. Rooms unclaimed at the beginning of a semester will be forfeited and reassigned unless the Chief Housing Official has received a timely written request for late arrival.
3. Resident agrees to retain occupancy in Residence Housing for the entire Academic Year. If Resident receives written permission to withdraw from Park University, Resident will be entitled to a refund of room rental according to the policy stated in the most current Park University catalog. For the avoidance of doubt, Resident forfeits all fees, charges and expenses paid if Resident is involuntarily dismissed or withdraws from Park University.
4. If Resident is not required to live in the Residence Housing but has signed this Agreement,
5. Resident will not be released from the Agreement and will be responsible for the room rental and all other charges and fees, except in cases of marriage or dependent children. Except in cases of marriage or dependent children, Resident will be subject to the buyout fee described in the “Termination” section of this Agreement.
6. The Residence Housing is entirely smoke-free; smoking is prohibited on the Residence Housing property. The policy prohibits the smoking of cigarettes, e-cigarettes, pipes, cigars, hookahs and water pipes, plus the use of smokeless tobacco.
7. All of the University Community, including students/residents, volunteers, and employees are strictly prohibited from possessing, manufacturing, transferring, selling, storing, or using any Weapons, as defined in Park University’s Weapons Policy, on any Park University property, facilities, or Park-sponsored events, regardless of whether one possesses a valid conceal carry permit. However, contrary to the Weapon’s Policy, Resident may lawfully transport and store any firearm in their motor vehicle pursuant to A.R.S. § 12-781.
8. Confirmed illegal drug use and /or manufacture, possession, or distribution of illegal or illicit drugs is a violation of Park University’s Drug and Alcohol Use Policy. Use, possession, manufacturing, or distribution of alcoholic beverages on University premises is a violation of Park University’s Drug and Alcohol Use Policy. Any resident purchasing or distributing alcoholic beverages for minors will face immediate dismissal in accordance with Park’s Drug and Alcohol Policy. Residents who are 21 years of age or older are allowed to possess and consume alcoholic beverages in Residence Housing but are subject to the terms and conditions of the Lease.
9. Behavior with the purpose to intimate, harass, discriminate against, bully and/or physically harm a roommate or potential roommate either in person, verbally, or through electronic medium, may result in assignment to a different room and/or residence hall and/or cancellation of this Agreement without refund and other disciplinary action pursuant to the Policies.
10. Pets are not allowed in Residence Housing. A service animal or emotional support animal, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or the Fair Housing Act, must be approved by the Park University’s Disability Services Office and the Office of Residence Life prior to the service animal or emotional support animal being brought onto Park University’s property.
11. A prospective resident must comply with Park University’s rules and regulations regarding vaccination and immunization records in order to be eligible for Residence Housing.
For review of any of the Policies referenced in the above section, please see my.park.edu (Policy Library) or request a copy from Student Life Office.