CALL-TO-ARTISTS - EL PASO ART ASSOCIATION PROSPECTUS - con.FIGURE.ation.five.2019 figure & portrait show -- PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY!!
con.FIGURE.ation.five.2019 figure & portrait show - ART EXHIBITION AND SALE January 18 - February 22, 2019 at the CROSSLAND GALLERY - 500 W. PAISANO
• January 9, Wednesday - Last day for entries & fees
• January 12, Saturday 9am-1pm - Drop-off artwork
• January 15, Tuesday 11am-4pm - Drop-off artwork
• January 18, Friday - Opening Reception 5:30-7:30pm
• February 22, Friday 11am-4pm - Close of Show
• February 23, Saturday 9-1pm - Pick-up artwork
• February 26, Tuesday 11- 4pm - Pick-up artwork
Failure to pick up artwork by February 26 will result in a$5per day, per piece fee. No exceptions.
NEW GUIDELINE: Artwork not picked up 20 days after close of show becomes property of the EPAA.
Best of con.FIGURE.ation.five Award
1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place
Award for Portraiture
Push Pin Award for Life Drawing (see details below) More to come!
Judge - TBD
Push Pin Award - TBD
ENTER & PAYMENT & FEES
This exhibit is open to EPAA members and non-members. MEMBERS 1-3 pieces $25 NON-MEMBERS 1-3 pieces $40
Entry form ON-LINE @ www.elpasoartassociation.com Mail or drop-off entry form at the Crossland Gallery Payment by paypal, check, credit card, cash. Make check payable to EL PASO ART ASSOCIATION.
Artists are invited to create artwork based on the human form or portrait. Artwork will emphasize the figure or portrait and be the main subject of the finished piece. Entries must have been completed within the last three years and never have won a top award in an EPAA exhibit. Push Pin Award: artwork should have been done within the last year. Abstract to realistic styles and all mediums accepted in 2D and 3D. Nudes will be accepted, however, art deemed vulgar or not meeting exhibition criteria will be rejected by the EPAA.
Push Pin Award – Figurative work from “life drawing” done within the last year.
All mediums. Max 18”X24”. No Minimum size.
NO FRAMES for Push Pin Award entries. Artwork will be push pinned to wall.
MEDIA AND EXECUTION
Entry size requirements INCLUDING frame or gallery wrap: Minimum 11” by 14”, Maximum 48 width” by 60 height”. DO NOT BRING IN ARTWORK THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE REQUIRED SIZES! Above sizes are not for Push Pin Award, see guidelines.
Entries will be accepted in the following media categories:
* Oil, alkyd, enamel, encaustic, water media including: watercolor, gouache or acrylic.
* All mediums including: pastel, egg tempera, scratch- board, charcoal, pen & ink, vinyl, epoxy paint, pencil and any mixed media combination & collage.
* All photography.
* Printmaking/prints must be hand pulled by the artist.
* No photographic reproductions of original work.
* Sculpture – most sizes accepted call for details.
* Fiber art 2D or 3D, artwork must be stable and ready to hang on wall or placed on pedestal.
* No saw tooth hangers or wet paintings.
* FRAMES must be substantial and include mechanics for hanging, dust and finger print free. Gallery wrapped canvas are accepted. DO NOT BRING IN ART THAT DOES NOT HAVE A WIRE HANGER ON THE BACK! D-RINGS ARE PREFERRED!! NOTE: If you do not know how to properly wire your artwork, please google and watch various Youtube videos to learn how to properly wire your artwork!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! YOUR ARTWORK DESERVES IT!!
Labels must be placed in the lower left hand corner on the
back of all artwork and must include:
Exhibitor’s name, phone, title, medium, and price.
All entries may include an artist’s Bio or information sheet.
To be eligible for publicity, please submit images NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org or on-line entry form. Entering online does not guarantee your images will be used in publicity, as that is dependent upon the number of images received, digital quality and media limitations.
All artwork must be for sale! The Crossland Gallery will collect and pay state sales tax and retain 30% commission on sold artwork. Due to limited space, not all entries MAY be accepted. Entry fees for accepted work are non-refundable.
ARTISTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND THE OPENING RECEPTION AND INVITE FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
QUESTIONS Call Karla Zanelli at the Crossland Gallery 915.534.7377
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!