This form must be submitted to request an in-kind (non-cash) donation solicitation letter. This letter is used for highest awards and community service projects. Council will provide you with a solicitation letter to provide to the individual or business.
Guidelines for Requests:
1. Donations can be requested from individuals or businesses in the form of in-kind donations (non-cash contributions) to support Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council troops and Service Units.
2. Support can be in the form of donations of services, facilities and goods.
3. Members may solicit contributions for a specific purpose, ONLY WITHIN their own Service Unit area. It is permissible to ask for support from outside the area if the sponsor is related to a troop or Service Unit member (i.e. grandparent or other relative).
4. Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council is the only non-profit entity; individual troops and Service Units are not non-profits and do not have tax-exempt 501(c)3 status. Therefore, they cannot apply for grants or other similar types of funding from corporations or foundations.
5. Once the project is complete, PLEASE send an email to email@example.com listing all the items that were donated to your troop or Service Unit.