Little Hands Farm Camp
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Read this carefully, this affects your legal rights.
In exchange for participation in the activity of the Harward Farms Sweet Corn, Inc., dba Little Hands Farm Camp, and use of the properties, facilities and services of Harward Farms, Diamonds Greenhouse. MaryAnn Clegg’s Horse Facility, and the principals officers, employees and agents of each of these entities and properties (herein collectively referred to as “Little Hands Farm Camp”) I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family, to the following:
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions by Little Hands Farm Camp. Little Hands Farm Camp is engaged in farming activities that involve farm animals, farm activities and other related activities that involve potential risks.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activities, the extent of which risks cannot be fully described in writing, and I assume full responsibility for all foreseeable and all unforeseeable personal and property injuries to myself and (if applicable) my family members, further release, discharge, defend and indemnify Little Hands Farm, for injury, loss or damage arising from participation in Little Hands Farm Camp, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, or Little Hands Farm Camp.
3. I agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and defend Little Hands Farm Camp, against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of Harward Farms Sweet Corn, Inc., Diamond’s Greenhouse, and Mary Ann Clegg’s Horse Facility.
4. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Harward Farms Sweet Corn, Inc, Diamond’s Greenhouse, and Mary Ann Clegg’s Horse Facility caused by my or my family’s negligent, reckless, intentional or willful actions.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Utah law in the Fourth District Court in Utah County, Utah.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELESASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER AND ASSUME CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS FOR MYSELF AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS INCLUDING MINOR CHILDREN UNDER MY CARE.
Typing your name below serves as your electronic signature and is binding to these legal documents.
Each year at Farm Camp, we spend a morning learning about horses and even riding them! We need your permission and release of liability for each of your children to participate with the horses or be present on the property.
If you do not consent to this agreement, your children will not be able to participate this day.
I agree to and will not hold the owner(s) of the horses, the owner(s) of the horse property and/or Harward Farms responsible or liable for any incident, injury or accident that may occur to me and/or my children (minors, if applicable), while I (we) are on the property and/or premises, visiting or riding horses or in the common area where horses may be.
I release the owner(s) of the horses, the owner(s) of the horse property and/or Harward Farms from all liability and responsibility.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, Harward Farms Little Hands Farm Camp has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 which include separation of groups, regular hand washing and hand sanitizing by children and staff and masks being worn by staff.
Regardless of these preventative measures, Harward Farms cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Little Hands Farm Camp could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Harward Farms Little Hands Farm Camp and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Farm Camp may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, staff, participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Farm Camp (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Harward Farms, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Harward Farms, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation of Harward Farms Little Hands Farm Camp.
Entering your name below serves as your signature and legally binds you to this agreement.
THANK YOU FOR REGISTERING!