Thank you to our sponsor JCPL-Trafalgar Branch!
We are looking for additional sponsors!
1. Participation is open to all residents/businesses within the boundaries of Trafalgar.
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
3. Entry Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday, December 5, 2019.
4. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
5. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
6. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on Social Media or and/or published in the Newspaper and/or shared by JCPL. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publications on any medias.
7. Judging criteria will include [a] Design and creative use of lights and decorations; [b] Storyline or theme; [c] Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and [d] Overall presentation.
Displays will not be judged on size.
8. Judging will be done from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 12/10/2019 through Wednesday, 12/11/2019. All judging will be completed no later than 8:00 p.m. on 12/11/2019.
9. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods nights.
10. The 1st place winner will be contacted Thursday, December 12, 2019 by telephone. The 1st prize winner will be gifted a trophy and gift card, and named Trafalgar's Holiday Cheermeister, they also will have the Honor of performing the lighting ceremony at the Merry Prairie Event at the Trafalgar Branch of Johnson County Public Library! (Second Place and fan favorite category for prizes may be organized if large number of entries are received).
11. The winner must be in attendance at the Merry Prairie event hosted by the Trafalgar Johnson County Public Library on Friday, 12/13/2019. The lighting and award ceremony will begin at approximately 6:30 p.m. after a meet and greet with Santa!
12. Be creative, be festive, have fun