PRESENTATION PROPOSAL FORM
AAPG and ABGP invite geoscientists from various disciplines to submit presentation proposals for the Brazil 2021 Virtual Technical Symposium set to take place via Zoom Enterprise on 22-23 June 2021. The technical program committee has a particular interest in presentations highlighting state-of-the-art concepts, methodologies, case histories, and future directions relating to the symposium theme and geographic region featured. They also seek case studies illustrating the successful implementation of new scientific techniques and technologies.
Please read the complete guidelines and complete the form below.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 10 APRIL 2021
1. MULTIPLE PROPOSALS: There are no restrictions for the number of proposals submitted, but no proposal should be submitted more than once per symposium. No more than two presentations per presenter will be accepted for the symposium program.
2. CONTENT: The proposal content will be reviewed and scored on the following criteria:
Relevance: Subject matter is timely, pertains to registrants, and is appropriate to the theme.
Usefulness: Contributes to new knowledge or new techniques/practice.
Object: Clearly states what the audience can expect to learn.
Quality: Ideas are organized and presented in a clear and logical way.
3. RESTRICTIONS: Proposals are limited to 1800 characters, not including title, authors, or companies/institutions. Graphics and tables are not permitted in the proposal. The presence of commercialism may result in the proposal being rejected from consideration. Proposals must be submitted in English.
4. REQUIREMENTS: Presenters selected for the program will be asked to prepare English language presentation slides and deliver their presentation in English. All presenters must register for the symposium and pay the registration fee in order to participate in the event.
5. PRESENTATION RECORDINGS: Virtual Technical Symposia will be recorded for security purposes. Presenters selected for inclusion in the symposium program will be asked to sign a form authorizing AAPG to broadcast the presentation during the event and indicating whether or not they authorize sharing the recording on a secured page in the AAPG website for symposium attendees only. If presenters do not authorize sharing the recording of their presentations their recordings will be deleted following the event.