March, 2, 2020
The Links, Incorporated is an international, not-for-profit organization of more than 16,000 women of color committed to enriching, sustaining, and ensuring the cultural and economic survival of children and families of African ancestry by focusing on service to the community. Greater Miami (FL) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated has been providing transformational programming in the Miami-Dade community and beyond since 1955.
If you are a student of African descent who will graduate from an accredited Miami-Dade County public, charter or private high school; or an authorized home education program by July 2020 and plan to pursue a college degree, you are invited to apply for The Links, Incorporated Greater Miami (FL) Chapter 2020 General Scholarship. The Greater Miami (FL) Chapter will award five (5) scholarships in the amount of $3,000 each to talented and deserving students who have excelled in academics and community service.
To apply, you must submit an application packet on or before SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2020.
Your online application packet must include the following at time of submission:
1. Completed application form.
2. Three (3) original signed letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation from a teacher who instructed you in senior high school, one letter of recommendation from a high school counselor or administrator, and one letter of recommendation from a sponsor of a community activity that you have completed or participated.
3. A 250 word (maximum) essay discussing how your community service has made a difference in your life and how your career interests, goals and aspirations will make a difference in the community.
4. One (1) color photograph (headshot – no smaller than 4’’ x 6’’).
5. Certified copy of most recent high school transcript must be uploaded as part of online application packet. Additionally, a certified copy of most recent high school transcript must be postmarked by Saturday, April 4, 2020 and mailed to the following address:
The Links, Incorporated
P.O. Box 560971
Miami, Florida 33256-0971
Questions concerning the application process may be directed to the Chairperson of our Scholarship Program, Mrs. Renée S. Jones ~ (305) 469-7162. We look forward to receiving your application.
Gail Ash Dotson, Esq.
The Links, Incorporated
Greater Miami (FL) Chapter