How to nominate:
1. Fill out a nomination form
The Emerging Alumni Award Nomination form contains short-answer and open ended questions that will help the selection committee learn more about each nominee. The nomination should explain what the nominee has done, including examples of how the criteria has been demonstrated.
· Vocational Achievement reflects a nominee’s commitment to excellence in their chosen profession. That commitment may be demonstrated in the nominee’s ethical conduct, their spirit of innovation and the impact of their work on their peers, colleagues and constituents.
· Personal Initiative describes how the nominee has gone beyond what is expected of them in a profession or a cause by adding something new, innovative or creative to their life and work, as well as the lives and needs of others, including research, creative solutions or overcoming barriers to success.
· Social Responsibility refers to how the nominee sees their role as a way to enhance the lives of others, the community and the world, as shown by their personal conduct, their willingness to serve and to lead and their dedication to the kind of work that they see as important and valuable to others.
2. Include additional information
Additional information can be very helpful in telling the full story of your nominee’s achievements, particularly if you choose not to share with your nominee that you are submitting their name for consideration. You can add to your nomination through sites like Google or LinkedIn to enhance the nomination.