One 2 One Tutoring Svc Application
One 2 One Tutoring Svc program available to students in the community who are experiencing learning difficulties. Tutoring sessions are designed to meet the individual needs of the students
Areas of focus:
• LANGUAGE — uses a multi-sensory approach to teaching reading, writing, and spelling • READING COMPREHENSION — focuses on comprehension skills such as vocabulary, sequencing, inference, character analysis, etc.
• WRITTEN EXPRESSION — emphasizes specific skills depending on the grade level and student’s needs (sentence/paragraph writing, story elements, editing/ publishing, etc.)
• MATH—uses a multi-sensory approach to skills ranging from addition to algebra, word problems to computation skills
• STUDY SKILLS— teaches comprehension techniques, organizational strategies, and study skills for note-taking, test-taking, and daily homework assignments
• HOMEWORK SUPPORT/ACADEMIC UNDERSTANDING