WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY ONLINE?
1. We personally contact all candidates, not just our shortlisted applicants* (see exceptions below).
2. We will generally follow up within 1- 4 days (depending on our workload) to advise on the status of your application or how long we expect our shortlisting to take.
Here are the exceptions where we may not respond to your application:
Candidates that apply repeatedly for the same position
Applications that aren’t in any way relevant to the position
Applications from outside of Australia that bear little to no relevance to the role will most likely not receive a response
Candidates who have submitted multiple applications on similar roles where we have previously responded
Our first point of call is often via email.
3. If you feel we haven't responded to your application, check your emails, including your junk folder first. Often our emails will land in the junk folders on Hotmail, Yahoo, and Outlook. Other reasons for not receiving our responses can include candidates entering typos on their name, email or other contact info on their application, or applicants forgetting to attach a resume to their application
4. Candidates that don't include any address information whatsoever have a higher probability of early elimination*. It's a competitive market and we work under strict time-frames. If we don't know where you are it is more likely that we will proceed with other candidates who better meet the role criteria. If you don't feel comfortable including your full residential address our suggestion is to include a suburb, state & postcode. Stating your address as a capital city is ambiguous and does not help to refine our selection.
*Please note: candidates who feel they may be eliminated simply because of their location are wrong
5. If we feel you are relevant for the role you have applied for we will contact you very quickly. The auto email that you receive from us at the time you submit your application will invite you to complete further information by clicking on our online Candidate Support Form, and here you can add more info to your application about your career preferences and choices.
6. Candidates that don't have voicemail (or have 10 second voice to text voicemail) are difficult to contact. Enough said
7. We encourage candidates to return our calls or emails within a reasonable time-frame. If not, we will simply move on with other relevant candidates who engage effectively with us
8. FEEDBACK: many non-shortlisted candidates ask us for reasons why they are not shortlisted however we are unable to provide individual feedback. We are not trying to be unhelpful but unless we have met with you in person, we cannot judge your individual situation. Although well-intentioned, comments can sometimes appear impersonal or judgmental and therefore we feel this is not constructive to your query.
Thank you for reading through our information and for being a part of our network!