1. You are Responsible for Your Contributed Data. The decision to upload information, content, and other materials (collectively, “Contributed Data”) to FamilySearch sites is your responsibility. All information that you post will be displayed and is available for others to search, view or hear. Do not contribute data which you do not want to be accessed by others.
2. Right to Submit. By submitting data to this site, you affirm that you have the legal right to contribute that data and that submission will not violate any third party’s privacy rights, publicity rights, contract rights, copyrights, or other proprietary rights. By affirming your legal right to submit content, you accept legal responsibility for our use of your Contributed Data.
3. Copyright. We are sensitive to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of others. Be aware that content, including photographs, stories, and personal experiences, even if submitted to a site to which you belong, remains the property of the creator or submitter. You should not reproduce it without permission of the owner. Photographs of living individuals, except your own minor children, must not be posted without their consent. When creating an audio / voice recording, the personal content recorded should be your own, or if the creation of another, (for example a poem or article), used by permission of the owner.
4. Licenses and Rights Granted to Us. By submitting content to FamilySearch, you grant FamilySearch an unrestricted, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide, and perpetual license to use any and all information, content, and other materials (collectively, “Contributed Data”) that you submit or otherwise provide to this site (including, without limitation, genealogical data and discussions and data relating to deceased persons) for any and all purposes, in any and all manners, and in any and all forms of media that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate for the furtherance of our mission to promote family history and genealogical research. As part of this license, you give us permission to copy, publicly display, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise distribute your Contributed Data throughout the world, by any means we deem appropriate (electronic or otherwise, including the Internet). You also understand and agree that as part of this license, we have the right to create derivative works from your Contributed Data by combining all or a portion of it with that of other contributors or by otherwise modifying your Contributed Data.
5. Accuracy of Contributed Data. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information. If any information you provide is, in our sole and absolute discretion, false or misleading, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to take any remedial or preventative action we deem appropriate in our sole discretion, including restricting access and/or deleting or editing any of your Contributed Data.
6. Sensitivity to Other Users. We ask you to be selective in submitting your Contributed Data. We reserve the right to remove any Contributed Data which we believe, in our sole discretion, to be irrelevant to the deceased individual; which includes information that might harm or embarrass living relatives; which is offensive, indecent, inappropriate, threatening, abusive, or which otherwise violates this Agreement. We may also take any action, including restricting access for violations of this Agreement and notifying law enforcement of any activity which appears in our sole discretion to violate applicable law.
9. Data Protection Laws. If you are located outside the United States, you consent to the processing in the United States of America of any personal data that you submit. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of personal information to or from the United States of America and the country in which you reside.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints © 2013 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Continue Without Sharing