In consideration of the Association permitting my child entry to the Scenic Acres Community Centre as a participant in the Activity, I agree and acknowledge as follows:
1. I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE that there are risks and dangers associated with any form of physical activity or group program. These include, without limitation, permanent disability, paralysis and death, as well as property loss, economic loss and risk of other losses. These risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, actions or inactions of other participants, volunteers, negligence of the Association, or any other cause whatsoever.
2. I agree, for myself and on behalf of my child, to release the Association from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities and costs that I or my child, as the case may be, may incur arising from or in connection with the Activity caused by any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, in whole or in part by the negligence of Association. I acknowledge that the Association shall not be responsible for any consequential, incidental, special or punitive losses, damages or cost, incurred by me or my child arising in respect of the Activity.
3. I HEREBY DECLARE THAT:
a. To the best of my knowledge, neither my child, nor anyone in my household, is currently infected with the COVID-19 virus;
b. To the best of my knowledge, neither my child, nor anyone in my household, has been infected with the COVID-19 virus;
c. Neither my child, or anyone in my household, has experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days, including, without limitation, a fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, and difficulty breathing;
d. If my child, or anyone in my household, has experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms, as described above, after I agree to this Agreement, my child will not visit the Association for a minimum period of 14 days after the cold or flu-like symptoms have completely subsided;
e. Neither my child, nor anyone in my household, has been outside of Canada in the past 14 days;
f. If my child, or anyone in my household, has been outside of Canada and returned after I agree to this Waiver, my child will not visit the Association for a minimum period of 14 days after their date of return to Canada;
g. I have had the opportunity to review the public health orders currently in effect, as specified at https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-orders-and-legislation.aspx;
h. I have explained the public health orders currently in effect to my child in an age appropriate manner and am satisfied that he/she, to the best of his/her ability, understands the public health order currently in effect; and
i. I ACCEPT THE RISK OF MY CHILD CONTRACTING COVID-19 by choosing to attend the Activity.
4. I agree, for myself and on behalf of my child, to pay or reimburse the Association for any claims, losses, damages and costs arising from any acts or omissions of my child in connection with the Activity resulting or arising from failure to comply with any directions or instructions given by the Association.
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my child, release the Association from any losses, liabilities, damages and costs that I and/or my child may incur arising from the Activity. I confirm and acknowledge that any injury, damage, or loss incurred during the Activity will not be compensated by the Association.
6. I freely and voluntarily acknowledge and assume on my behalf on behalf of my child all of the risks and hazards, known and unknown, inherent in the nature of the Activity and I understand and acknowledge that my child may suffer personal and potentially serious injury, loss or illness due to unforeseeable or unexpected events.
7. I am satisfied that I have been provided with information about the Activity, including the nature and extent of certain risks and hazards associated with the Activity and that such information concerning risks and hazards is NOT exhaustive. I am not relying solely upon such information provided by the Association and reserve the right to obtain additional information on such basis as I determine.
8. I freely and voluntarily acknowledge and assume on my behalf and on behalf of my child all of the risks and hazards, known and unknown, inherent in the nature of the Activity and I understand and acknowledge that any participant in the Activity may suffer personal and potentially injury, loss or illness due to an unforeseeable or unexpected event as a result of any such hazard, known and unknown.
9. I am satisfied that my child’s equipment, if applicable, is appropriate for use in the Activity.
10. My child has been informed by me that he/she shall comply with the Association’s policies and regulations, and with any rules in respect of the Activity made known to me and/or my child, as well as with the directions and instructions of the Association concerning the Activity.
11. This Agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Province of Alberta. My signature as evidenced by transmission by electronic means (e.g. PDF or electronic signature) shall be deemed to be an original signature and such signature shall be binding upon me.