Traditional Seat Based Program –Encore’s traditional program calls for the student to attend school five days per week according to the school calendar for each school year. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in up to six classes for junior high (grades 7 & 8) and up to eight classes for high school. This program is recommended for students that have over a 90% attendance rate at their current school. Attendance record for the traditional program are recorded by physical attendance at school. Missing 10 or more school days in a year is defined as chronically absent by the state of California.
Hybrid Seat Program –Encore’s hybrid program calls for the student to attend classes on campus two days per week and every other Friday for the entire school day. Students are required to log on to their classes on the school days that they do not come on campus and complete activities to stay on academic pace. Attendance records for Hybrid Seat students are recorded based on their daily computer login (not physical attendance), however, participation points based on class attendance given for seat based classes that a student is enrolled in will count toward their overall grade. Hybrid students can enroll in up to five classes at a time (4 on campus and 1 semester course via independent study). Hybrid students are assigned an Independent Study Coordinator for their independent study courses. This Coordinator works with the credentialed teachers and the students to help give appropriate support to the students.
Independent Study Program -Encore’s independent study program calls for the student to attend study meetings on campus one day per week for three hours. Students are required to log on to their classes on every school day according to the Encore school calendar. Attendance records for Independent Study students are recorded based on their daily computer login and activities completed. Full time Independent Study students are generally assigned one semester class at a time with a requirement of completing a unit each week. Students on Independent study complete a semester credit class about every five weeks during the school year.
For the Hybrid Program and the Independent Study Program, you will be assigned a Programs Coordinator. Programs coordinators will meet with, email, and send phone calls to student and parents to update academic progress regularly.
NOTICE: By law, if parents are legally separated or divorced, each parent has equal rights to the custody of the child/children UNLESS a parent has a court order that indicates which parent has custody of the child/children. The school MUST have a copy of the course order on file or either parent may sign the child out of the school with proper identification.
I give authorization and consent for Encore Education Corporation andorganization/associations connected with Encore High School and EncoreEducation Corporation to use my student’s name, photograph(s), video camera recordings, and interview comments for educational and promotional purposes. Iunderstand that articles, photographs, video and information may be distributedto individuals, groups, and the news media through (but not limited to) publications in news releases and newsletters, slide shows, video presentations, news magazines, and school based social media posts. Being an arts campus, there will be several opportunities for students to receive recognition. Release is very important for every student of the school. Any student that does not have this release signed cannot participate in any arts conservatory due to the public nature of Encore’s arts curriculum.
I attest that all of the information completed in this enrollment agreement isaccurate and correct. Should any of this information change, I understand that Imust contact the office to update this information.
Parents are an important part of creating the culture at Encore. It is important that parents make the pledge to follow the policies of Encore to set a good example. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
This code of conduct must be read, initialed, and signed by a parent/guardian as a condition of enrollment. If either a guardian or a student do not adhere to the Code of Conduct, action up to and including dismissal from the school will occur. A copy of the Code of Conduct is available on the Encore website.
As the legal parent/guardian of a child of Encore High School, I understand that there are certain ways to carry myself as a positive role model on campus, online, and off campus at all Encore related activities.
1. I will call the office with questions rather than turn to unofficial social media posts for answers regarding the school2. I will adhere to all dress code rules at all school functions 3. I will not engage in bullying behavior toward any student, staff, or administrator online or in person.4. I will encourage all students of EHS to do their best both in person and online 5. I will not harass nor intimidate any staff member online or in person 6. I will not contact minor students via social media 7. I will not post false information on social media 8. I will not contact my student during class time via cell phone. I understand that their approved cell phone time is during nutrition and lunch only9. I will not call or visit a classroom during scheduled class time to discuss personal issues about my student10. I will monitor my student’s social media sites regularly to make sure that they are not a victim or aggressor of cyber bullying11. I will discuss school happenings and student progress with my child regularly 12. I will work to make sure my student attends school as outlined 13. I will keep an open line of communication with the school through either email or phone14. I will update my phone/email/address information as soon as/if they change 15. I will call the District Office 760-949-2036 if ANYTHING out of the ordinary needs to be reported. SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING16. I will visit the www.encorehighschool.com website for access to the latest school policies and rule book.
When a family enrolls their student in Encore High School, the family pledges to volunteer their time (or donate goods) for the equivalent of 8 hours each semester. Without fulfillment of these pledges, Encore cannot provide the programs that the students count on. We qualify each volunteer hour as $20 of donation of goods. Thank you in advance for helping us get everyone to act on their pledge of 8 hours per semester.
Volunteer Pledge is NOT mandatory.
Students are an important part of creating the culture at Encore. It is important that students make the pledge to follow the policies of Encore to set a good example. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
This code of conduct must be read, initialed, and signed by the student as a condition of enrollment. If either a guardian or a student do not adhere to the Code of Conduct, action up to and including dismissal from the school will occur. A copy of the Code of Conduct is available on the Encore website.
As a student of Encore High School, I understand that there are certain ways to carry myself as a positive role model on campus, online, and off campus at all Encore related activities.
1. I will call the office with questions rather than turn to unofficial social media posts for answers regarding the school2. I will adhere to all dress code rules at all school functions 3. I will not engage in bullying behavior toward any student, staff, or administrator online or in person.4. I will encourage all students of EHS to do their best both in person and online 5. I will not harass nor intimidate any staff member online or in person 6. I will follow the rules in the Encore Rules and Policies book 7. I will not post false information on social media 8. I will not use my cell phone during class time unless otherwise authorized. I understand that my approved cell phone time is during nutrition and lunch only9. I will use class time wisely10. I will report behavior that is unusual, bullying, violent. SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING 11. I will work to have the best attendance possible through both on campus and online means. 12. I will keep an open line of communication with the school through either email or phone13. I will update my phone/email/address information as soon as/if they change 14. I will call the District Office 760-949-2036 if ANYTHING out of the ordinary needs to be reported. SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING15. I will visit the www.encorehighschool.com website for access to the latest school policies and rule book.
FOR CUMULATIVE RECORDS FROM THE CURRENT / MOST RECENT SCHOOL
This student has enrolled at Encore High School for the Arts. I hereby grant permission for the school to release records including discipline, attendance, and IEP records regarding my student to Encore Education Corporation.
Please mail records to:
Encore Education CorporationATTN Records16955 Lemon StreetHesperia, CA 92345Phone: 760-956-7687
I hereby authorize pursuant to the provisions of Section 25.8 of the Civil Code of California, to give such attention as may be thought necessary by the physician/medical advisor in charge, in case of an emergency and I cannot be reached. I also authorize the hiring of an ambulance to transport child to a suitable place for medical care. I understand that the local police may be called in certain circumstances, in order to ensure emergency procedures.
This agreement is for the duration of one semester. Students that are enrolled in a traditional seat based program should sign this agreement at the beginning of each semester. When a student in a seat based program that has a signed short term independent study agreement misses a day of school, they can log on to their daily classes and complete assignments to get credit for attendance when they miss. The student must log in to their online portion of their class and complete work on the day missed in order to receive attendance credit for the day missed.
Reporting: All classes will be graded by the credentialed teacher assigned to the student for that class. Students are required to log on to their online coursework in the event that they miss a regularly scheduled school day. Only work completed on the day of absence can count toward credit for attendance. This attendance will be cleared by the attendance clerk at Encore via online course completion logs.
In the event that a student is unable to complete any work on the day of absence, they will be marked absent on that day. Students should strive to have at least a 95% attendance rate at school. This independent study option is for short term IS only, less than 5 days in a row.
PARENT/GUARDIAN REQUIREMENT: In order to insure student success, parents / guardians are responsible for two critical parts of the short term independent study agreement.
1. Parents / Guardians will make sure that their students log on to the online curriculum to complete activities in the event of an absence.2. Parents / Guardians will check with student regarding academic completion onotherwise absent school days.
This is a legally-binding liability release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue made by me, the above named student in agreement with Encore Education Corporation, and the legal guardian of them student named in this agreement.
I fully recognize that there are dangers and risks to which I may be exposed to by participating in extracurricular events that require physicality (for example: basketball, cirque acrobatics, and dance) while at Encore High School for the Arts. These activities pose risks of bodily harm up to and including death.
I understand that Encore Education Corporation does not require me to participate in this activity, but I want to do so, despite the possible dangers and risks.
I, therefore, agree to assume and take on myself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way associated with this activity. In consideration of and in return for the services, facilities, and other assistance provided to me by the school in this activity, I release Encore Education Corporation (and governing board, employees, and agents) from any and all liability, claims, and actions that may arise from injury and harm to me, including death, or from damage to my property in connection to these activities. I understand that this release covers liability, claims, and actions caused entirely or in part by any acts of failures to act on my part, including but not limited to negligence, mistake, or failures to supervise.
I assure Encore Education Corporation that there are not health-related reasons or problems which preclude or restrict my participation in this activity. I further assure the Corporation that I have adequate health insurance necessary to provide for and pay any medical costs that may be incurred directly or indirectly as a result from my participation in this activity, and I will indemnify and hold Encore Education Corporation harmless for any such medical costs.
I understand that this release means that I am giving up, among other things, rights to sue Encore Education Corporation, its governing board, employees, and/or agents for harm/injuries (including death), damages, or losses I may incur.
I also understand that this release binds my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, as well as me.
I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE RELEASE. I FULLY UNDERSTAND IT, AND I AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY IT.
Technology Usage Agreement – Student
I understand that my use of the school’s technology is not private and that the school may monitor my use of school technology including, but not limited to, accessing browser logs, Email logs, and any other history of use. I consent to school interception of, or access to, all communication I send and received or store using the school’s Technology Resources, pursuant to state and Federal law, even if the school’s Technology Resources are accessed remotely.
I understand the conditions of the Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy apply to both Encore provide devices and personally provided devices.
The proper use of the Encore High School network, the Internet and educational value to be gained from proper use of these is the joint responsibility of students, parents and employees of the school. Each student must have a signed AUP on file with the school in order to use any type of school technology device (laptops, tablets, desktop computers, etc.)
Use of the school system is at the user’s own risk. The system is provided on an “as is, as available” basis. The school will not be responsible for any damage users may suffer, including but not limited to, loss, damage or unavailability, of data stored on the school media, delays or changes in, or interruptions of, service, information or materials. The school is not responsible for the accuracy or quality of any advice or information obtained through or stored on the school system. The school will not be responsible for financial obligations rising throughunauthorized use of the school system or the Internet.
I have read, or had read to me, and a copy provided to me of the Encore Junior / Senior High School student technology acceptable use policy, and I agree to abide by their provisions. I understand that violation of these provisions may result in disciplinary action taken against me, including but not limited to, suspension or revocation of my access to school technology and suspension or expulsion from school.
My signature below indicates my acceptance of these policies.
Technology Usage Agreement – Parent / Guardian
As the parent or legal guardian of the student named above, I have read the Encore Jr/Sr High School Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy. I understand that violation of these provisions may result in disciplinary action taken against my child, ward or child within my care, including but not limited to suspension or revocation of my child's or ward's access to school technology, and suspension or expulsion from school.
I understand that my child's or ward's technology usage is not private and that the school may monitor my child's or ward's use of school technology, including, but not limited to, accessing browser logs, email logs, and any other history of use. I consent to school interception of, or access to, all communications sent, received, or stored by my child or ward using the school's technology resources, pursuant to state and federal law, even if the school's technology resources are accessed remotely.
I recognize it is impossible to restrict access to all controversial materials, and I will not hold the school, its employees, or its agents responsible for materials acquired on the Internet. I accept responsibility for guidance of Internet use - setting and conveying standards for my child to follow when selecting, sharing, or exploring information and media.
I agree to be responsible for any unauthorized costs arising from my child's, ward's, or child within my care's use of the school's technology resources. I agree to be responsible for any damages incurred by my child, ward, or child within my care.
I understand that any device owned by the Encore Jr/Sr High School is to be used for the sole purpose of education and only to be used by theabove signed student. This student is the only authorized user of his or her assigned device.
I understand the conditions of the Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy apply to both Encore provided devices and personally provideddevices.
Parent / Guardian Provided Personal Computing Devices
Parents may opt to provide personal computing devices to their child, ward, or child within their care in lieu of using an Encore issued device under the following conditions and restrictions:
• I agree to all parts of the Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy.• I agree to provide my child or ward their own source of Internet access. Phone, hotspot or access point. Personal devices will NOT be allowed access to Encore WIFI.• I recognize it is impossible to restrict access to all controversial materials, even more so without control of the Internet access provided and I will not hold the Encore High School, its employees, or its agents responsible for materials acquired on the Internet. I accept responsibility for guidance of Internet use - setting and conveying standards for my child to follow when selecting, sharing, or exploring information and media.• I agree to be responsible for any unauthorized costs arising from my child's, ward's, or child within my care's use of these resources. I agree to be responsible for any damages incurred by my child, ward, or child within my care.• I understand I may be held responsible, financially and criminally for any access or damages my child, ward or child within my care my cause by sharing Internet or media access.• I agree to release to any Encore administrator said device(s) for monitoring or inspection.• Personal devices are still subject to use at Teacher/Staff direction.• Personal devices will NOT be allowed on any Encore network.• Personal devices will be brought to school every day, fully charged and with the power cord.• Personal devices and Internet access will NOT be shared with other students.• Storage media accessible by personal access points will NOT be shared.• Only Encore issued email, CyberHigh and other accounts will be used while on school premises. NO personal accounts will be allowed.• Expectation of privacy on personal devices are the same as Encore issued devices. That is, expect none. Personal devices are subject to the same monitoring and inspection as Encore issued devices. It is recommended that devices to be used for school, be used by only one person as to avoid confusion as to who did what. A student using a personal device may be held accountable for actions by siblings and/or parents.
My signature below indicates my acceptance of these policies in addition to the standard, Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
ENCORE EDUCATION CORPORATION, TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT16955 LEMON STREET, HESPERIA, CA 92345www.encorehighschool.com – firstname.lastname@example.org Ext. 1102
Bus seats are limited and seats are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. You will be notified as to if they have been approved to ride and which designated stop the will be assigned. Filling out the application does not guarantee a seat onour busses. THE COST FOR BUS TRANSPORTATION IS $20.00 PER MONTH.
Student(s) Information (if riding the bus):
Instructions: Please return bus application for your student(s) to the G Admin Building or complete via Docusign. Students will be issued a colored sticker on the back of their Student ID card upon receipt of the new ID Cards. Students must have a school ID to ride the bus.
** With your help and cooperation, we will be able to continue to provide safe transportation for all passengers. **
- APPLICATION – MUST BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARENT/GUARDIAN AND STUDENT(S). INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED.- SIGNED BUS RULES – SIGNED BY BOTH PARENT/GUARDIAN AND STUDENT(S).
After a bus pass is issued the student must keep their ID/Bus Pass on them at all times to ride the bus. Please locate and review the student handbook for rules on ID cards. If an ID/Bus Pass is forgotten the student(s) will be subject to a buscitation by the bus driver. If a student does not have an application on file, they are not eligible to ride the bus for any reason.
BUS RIDERS RULES1. STUDENTS MUST SECURE THEIR BUS PASS EACH SEMESTER TO CONTINUE RESERVING THEIR SEAT.2. STUDENTS WHO HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR ID/BUS PASS MUST REPLACE IT AT A $5.00 CHARGE TO THE STUDENT.3. STUDENTS MUST RIDE ON ONLY THE DESIGNATED BUS ROUTE TO THE DESIGNATED STOP.4. STUDENTS SHOULD ARRIVE AT THE DESIGNATED BUS STOP FIVE (5) MINUTES PRIOR TO PICK UP TIME.5. NO FOUL/OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE PERMITTED.6. NO DRINKING, EATING, OR CHEWING GUM.7. NO WEAPONS OR DANGEROUS OBJECTS ALLOWED ON THE BUS INCLUDING PERFUME/COLOGNES, ANY SCENTED SPRAY BOTTLES OR SPRAY CANS OF ANY KIND.8. STUDENTS WILL NOT THROUGH ANY OBJECTS INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOWS OF THE BUS/NO LITTERING.9. STUDENTS WILL KEEP HANDS, HEADS AND ANY OTHER BODY PARTS INSIDE THE BUS AND TO YOURSELF.10. NO STANDING OR SWITCHING SEATS WHILE THE BUS IN IN MOTION. NO SITTING IN THE ISLE.11. NO SMOKING ON THE BUS OR NEAR DESIGNATED BUS STOPS.12. STUDENTS WILL NOT VANDALIZE ANY PART OF THE BUS OR BUS STOP.13. STUDENTS WILL NOT NO FIGHTING/PLAY FIGHTING ON THE BUS OR AT THE BUS STOP.14. STUDENTS WILL NOT HARASS ANY STUDENT VERBALLY OR PHYSICALLY.15. STUDENTS WIL NOT TAKE PICTURES/VIDEOS ON THE BUS WITH A CELL PHONE, TABLET, CAMERA OR ANY MEDIA DEVICE.16. STUDENT WILL “WHENEVER SEATBELTS ARE AVAILABLE” (CALIFORNIA LAW STATES)”.17. AUDIO AND VISUAL EQUIPMENT CAN BE USED BY THE STUDENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT ONLY.18. PARENTS MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICABLE TRAFFIC LAWS – INCLUDING NEVER STOPPING OR CUTTING OFF A BUS’ PATH IN MOTION WHEN PICKING UP OR DROPPING OFF STUDENTS. A PARENT’S DRIVING ACTIONS CAN ALSO JEOPARDIZE BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES FOR ALL STUDENT IN THEIR CAR.19. ALL BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES WILL BE SUSPENDED IF YOU ARE CITED BY A CHP OR SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT.20. IF A STUDENT IS SUSPENDED FOR ANY REASON ALL BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES WILL BE REVOKED.
IF THE RIDER HAS VIOLATED ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE RULES, HE/SHE MAY BE ASSIGNED A PERMANENT SEAT OR PRIVILEGES MAY IMMEDIATELY BE SUSPEND/REVOKE.
To be considered for enrollment at Encore, all families need to complete the following:1. One-on-one meeting with Enrollment Counselor2. Completion of Enrollment Documents
At this point, you are a qualified student candidate and may go into the lottery if space is limited or a grade level is full. Encore will admit students based on the random lottery process defined by the school charter.
All of the following documents must be submitted before enrollment can be considered complete. You can either scan and upload the documents electronically in this form, email them to email@example.com, or come to the office and have copies made of these documents:
IF YOUR STUDENT WILL BE TAKING ANY BASKETBALL, CIRQUE ACROBATICS, OR ONSERVATORY LEVEL DANCE CLASSES, YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT A SPORTS PHYSICAL BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.
*Information on special services including copies of IEP / 504 documents (including Psychologist report) must be provided by the guardian and added to the student file at time of enrollment. By not providing a copy of a current IEP or 504 you are declining services and enrolling the student without modifications or services.
Public School Attendance AlternativesEncore High School for the Arts is a public school of choice. Any student in a district where an Encore Education Corporation School is located is not obligated or required to attend Encore High School. Students that are not enrolled in Encore will still be able to enroll in the middle / high school within their jurisdiction. Students attending Encore High School have not right of admission to a particular school of any local education agency as a consequence of enrollment in the charter school, except to the extent that such a right is extended by the local education agency.
Non Discrimination- Encore Education Corporation does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin (ancestry), ethnic group identification, mental and physical disability, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, or military status, or genetic information in any of its activities or operations. The perception of one or more of such characteristics: or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Encore Education Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.