Job Title: Summer Youth Intern
To learn and help lead Youth Ministry, 6th through 12th grade, at Wesley United Methodist Church (WUMC) through discipleship, prayer, activities, Bible study, informal gatherings, spiritual guidance, parent and congregational involvement and support, youth leadership development, camps, and missional outreach. It is expected that the Youth Summer Intern understands that he/she is a spiritual leader in the United Methodist congregation. Therefore he/she must strive to conduct himself/herself with this awareness, especially when working with the youth. Will work with youth director and volunteers to help provide a safe space for the Wesley Youth group.
Supervisor: Director of Youth Ministry
Accountable to: Director of Youth Ministry, Senior Pastor, and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Responsibilities & Duties
· The Internship will be 15 hours per week. Some weeks will be flexible due to Summer Camps, Youth and Church Activities, and Summer trips.
· The Intern will be asked to lead a group on Sunday nights during breakout sessions.
· The Intern will have office hours on Sunday and Wednesdays.
· The Intern will be required to attend Sunday AM, Sunday PM, and Wednesday PM Youth & Church Activities.
· The Intern will be responsible for planning and running Wednesday Night Youth Activities – Which would include planning games and the lesson for those nights.
· The Intern will be asked to turn in Wednesday night’s lesson plan on the Sunday before so that the Youth Director can look over and help with the lesson.
· The Intern would attend Youth Camp Spark as an Adult Sponsor. (June 20th – June 25th)
· The Intern would be required to read “Sustainable Youth Ministry” By Mark Devries and discuss with the Youth Director.
· The Intern would be asked to attend Youth Council Meetings each month.
· The Intern will work with the Youth Director to plan a District Back to School event.
· Other events such as paint nights and movie nights will be optional.
· The intern will be asked to attend youth summer trip to Six Flags
Qualification and Skills
· The intern would need to show the ability to teach to youth.
· The intern would need to understand the Bible.
· The intern would need to show the ability to interact safely with the Youth.
· The Intern will need to attend Safe Sanctuary Training (Provided by the Church)
· The intern will have to pass a background check.
Salary and Benefits
· $2,000 over 10 weeks. Payment will be on the 15th and 30th. If those dates fall over the weekend payment will be made the Thursday before.
· Fill out Intern Application
· Complete the attached questionnaire
To apply please complete the Online application or submit a Intern Application and a completed application questionnaire to Zach Foster @ Wesleystundentministries5@gmail.com