SUGGESTED HAMPER CONTENTS & VALUES
Wondering how your budget fits with the needs of youth and/or families? Or how to plan for your sponsorship?
Please download our full guidebook for all you need to know about how to sponsor here: Holiday Program Sponsorship Guidebook.
It is also available on our website on our Holiday Program Page at https://familyconnexions.ca/holiday/
Brief Overview of the Average Cost of Sponsorship
CHILD: $125-150 per child. Includes the following suggested items:
- 2 quality, age appropriate toys or gifts
- Winter items (e.g. hat, mitts, neck warmer)
- Stocking with age appropriate stocking stuffers
- $25 clothing gift card or item with gift receipt
- $25 walmart gift card
- Wrapping supplies for gifts
- Laundry Hamper or Storage bin (e.g. Rubbermaid, Homesense basket)
PARENT/CAREGIVER: $100 per parent. Includes the following suggested items:
- $25 gift (e.g. blanket, book, tools, chocolate)
- $25 hygiene items or gift card in lieu (Shoppers, Walmart)
- $50 grocery gift card (Walmart or PC/Loblaws brand recommended)
As an example, a full sponsorship for a mother and two children would be approximately $350-400. This is just a guideline. The total cost will depend upon your available resources.
INDEPENDENT YOUTH: $150-200 per youth. Includes the following suggested items:
- Small laundry hamper or organizer tote/basket
- 2 small gift items (e.g. fuzzy/cozy blankets, toiletries, kitchen items, movie passes, travel mug)
- $50 gift card (suggested stores: Shoppers Drug Mart, Muskoka Bear Wear, Source for Sports, Fast Food)
- Winter hat, mitts/gloves or other warm item/s
- $50 grocery gift card (Walmart or PC/Loblaws brand recommended
If you would like to shop for a family but have limited resources, you may select to purchase some bulk items or sponsor a single child or youth which can then be augmented with donations from other supporters to make up a full family sponsorship.