Greater Soldotna Chamber of Commerce
Board Member Position Description
The following description explains Board Member responsibilities.
Participation to the fullest extent is appreciated.
1. Attend bi-weekly luncheon meetings to hear programs and speakers, greet new members and encourage ongoing attendance and participation of current members.
2. Attend monthly Board meetings (approximately 1 ½ hours), to consider, advise and act upon business before the Board. Advance notice of absences is required.
3. Participate on one or more committees by attending meetings, creating and executing ideas with the approval of the Board of Directors. Committees consist of Events & Marketing Committee, Scholarship Committee, Beautification Committee, Finance Committee, VIC/Building Committee, Fundraising Committee, Policies Committee, Legislative Committee and others as needed.
4. Encourage potential members to join the Chamber and participation in Chamber functions.
5. Advise the President, Board and staff of areas in which the Chamber can better represent the business community.
6. Attend as many of the Chamber’s functions as possible to ensure good visibility of the Board and interaction with the membership. This includes attendance at weekly luncheons, Annual Chamber Pie Auction, Annual Awards Luncheon, Board Retreat, Progress Days and City Council Meetings when applicable.