Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. This is a skills-based non-fiction essay writing challenge where participants will compete to win and be selected author of the top essay of the very first Non-Fiction Essay Writing Challenge (hencerforth, refered to as Challenge) sponsored and hosted by theParentVoice, Magazine.
2. The Challenge is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years or older only.
3. Only original and previously unpublished essays will be accepted for the challenge.
4. Essays that exceed the maximum word count of 1500 will be disqualified. Likewise, essays need to be at least 1000 words to qualify for the Challenge.
5. The Essay Challenge has a participation registration cost of $5 per entry. You may only enter one essay. Please contact email@example.com for any hardship related to the payment of $5.
6. The winning essay, as evaluated by our judges, will receive a minimum of 50 USD and will have the added honor of being featured as our cover story for December 2017 (release date TBD). The second prize winner will receive a minimum 30USD and the third prize winner will receive a minimum of 15 USD. Second and third prize-winning essays will be published under the Magazine's "Our Voices" section.
7. Furthermore, once the essays go live, the one with the highest number of unique pageviews at the end of the 30-days post-live period, will receive an additional sum of $25 if that number reaches or exceeds 400.
8. Evaluating and selection of the winning essay will be made by the Core Team of theParentVoice, Magazine, and other judges as chosen by the Team.
9. If we receive fewer than 10 entries and/or if the received entries do not meet the quality standards set by the tPV, Core Team, only 1 or no winner may be picked.
10. Essays will be judged on the basis of originality of content, grammar, appropriateness and relevance to the mission of theParentVoice, writing style and creativity, and overall quality standards as determined by theParentVoice, at our sole and absolute discretion.
11. By registering, paying, and submitting your essay to the Challenge, you agree to (a) give theParentVoice, Magazine 90-days of exclusive rights to publish your prize-winning essay, (b) to use either author-submitted photographs, stock images, illustrations, or other digital representations of your essay for visual impact when published and promoted by the Magazine,.
12. Once a winner is selected, she or he will be informed via email or phone and will have 48-hours to respond, failing which, a different winner will be chosen.
13. Acceptance of the prize implies implies permission to promote and advertise the winning essay, the author's name, and photographs (if submitted) without expectations of compensation.
14. Individuals associated with theParentVoice, Magazine, either directly or indirectly, including our core team, columnists, contributing writers, consultants, and immediate family members of the aforementioned groups are not eligible to participate.
15. The selection of the second and third prize winners will depend on the total number of entries. Should the Essay Challenge not garner a reasonably strong number of submissions, only a first prize winner may be chosen.
16. In the case where only 1 top winner is chosen from all entries, the $25 bonus for most uique pageviews of three winning essays no longer applies and in which case, no one will get the $25.
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.