1. PARTIES: This is an agreement between THE PRODUCER (whose information appears below), hereafter known as "Producer" and The PIT Chapel Hill, whose address is 462 W. Franklin St. Chapel Hill NC, hereafter known as "Venue."
2. SCHEDULE: Producer agrees to present their show hereafter known as "Show" at Venue on the following dates and times agreed to above, hereafter known as the "Engagement."
3. RUN TIME: Producer hereby warrants that the Show, when performed, will last no longer than the designated 40-minute or 60-minute show slots, unless otherwise specified in separate correspondence between Venue and Producer. If the Show exceeds the contracted time, you will incur a $50 charge. Note: You will be fined for going over 50 minutes for our 40 minutes shows and for going over 70 minutes for our 60 minute shows.
4. CLEAN-UP: Producer must remove all equipment, and any personal property from the premises immediately after the Show. Producer is responsible for any and all property at all times while at The PIT. Venue cannot be expected to be accountable for any personal items whatsoever.
5. TICKET PRICE (Per person per performance): The ticket price for the Show will be determined by The PIT.
6. SPLIT: All ticket sales will go to Venue, and Producer is not responsible for any minimum payment, unless otherwise specified in separate correspondence between Venue and Producer.
7. TECHNICAL REHEARSALS: Producer may schedule up to two hours of technical rehearsal at Venue free of charge at a time agreed on by both parties. Available times at The PIT are typically M-F 10am-5pm and 12:30pm-5pm at PIT Loft. Weekend tech rehearsals are first-come, first-serve and are limited. PRODUCER MUST PROVIDE OWN TECHNICIAN for rehearsals and performances. Venue WILL NOT have personnel available to serve as technician. The list of PIT-approved technicians have been given above. Absolutely no changes are permitted to be made to the patching or programming of our light board, or to the light grid itself. No lighting units may be re-focused or re-purposed without express written consent from the artistic director. * * * PLEASE NOTE: The PIT reserves the right to cancel rehearsals in the Mainstage, Underground or Loft spaces at any time. Although this is not regular practice, circumstances occasionally arise that may require doing so. The PIT will do its best to reschedule such cancellations. * * *
8. PROPS & STORAGE OF MATERIALS: For shows with a run of two or more performances, Venue is able to provide Producer with a small bin for prop and costume storage. Producer must confine all materials to the bin. After the final performance, Producer must remove all materials within one week. After one week, Venue reserves the right to dispose of any remaining materials. For questions regarding props, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. SEATING: Venue reserves the right to seat no more than 75 audience members per performance. Seating arrangements are made at the sole discretion of Venue.
10. PUBLICITY MATERIALS: Producer is solely responsible for producing postcards, flyers or any other promotional materials. Any materials that are to be displayed at the theater must be approved by the Artistic Department and are allowed only in the designated areas in the lobby to the Striker Mainstage Theater.
11. LIABILITIES: Producer is solely liable for the following: • Any damages to Venue and/or its property resulting from Producer’s acts or negligence. Any damage to the facility, equipment or property of the Venue will result in a $50 fee or the amount of cost to repair if repairs total more than $50. • Any and all fines incurred by Venue for any advertising for Show illegally posted on: city or private property, mailboxes, street newspaper boxes, telephone poles or any other location. An automatic fine of $200 will be taken out of the performance gross if illegal postings happen (if the gross does not reach $200, producer should be prepared to pay difference). • Any and all fines/damages that result from using an open flame (including candles, lighters, flash paper, flash cotton, matches, lit cigarettes, and any other form of open flame) in the theater. The use of open flame is strictly prohibited, and Producer agrees to an additional fine of $300, payable to Venue, for using any such prohibited materials regardless of damages. • Any and all use of confetti, fake blood, glitter or other damaging materials is strictly prohibited and will result in damage charges of $50 or the total cost of damage repair if greater than $50. • Producer may not provide free alcohol to audience members during a show. Any exceptions to this rule must be cleared by the artistic director. • Producer must not perform under the influence of drugs or alcohol. • Nudity is not permitted in any rehearsals or performances at the Venue without permission from the artistic director. • Live animals are not permitted. Any exceptions to these rules must be cleared by The PIT and the artistic director. • NO "DROPPING THE MIC". Our equipment is expensive. If you want to "drop the mic" email us ahead of time and we can get you a bad mic to drop.
12. CANCELLATION OF PERFORMANCES: Venue reserves the right to cancel any and all remaining dates of Engagement should attendance at any performance of the Show fall below 25 audience members or should Producer violate any of the terms contained in this Agreement. Venue reserves the right to cancel any and all dates of Engagement for any unforeseen circumstance that may arise. Producer reserves the right to cancel any and all dates of the Engagement without penalty 3 (three) weeks prior to the date in question. If performance is cancelled LESS THAN 3 (THREE) WEEKS prior to the date of Engagement, Producer agrees to pay a $200 penalty fee. If Producer cancels any performances that have already sold tickets online through the Venue's website, Producer agrees to the $200 cancellation fee, plus a surcharge of $0.99 per ticket sold.