I hereby authorize The Springs to contact any prior employers and any references listed to verify information related to my character and work performance. I release all references and employers from any liability for information provided in good faith. I hereby affirm that I will carefully read and agree with The Springs summer staff guidelines. If at anytime I no longer agree with The Springs guidelines or I exhibit conduct which is contrary to the guidelines, I may be disqualified from employment.
I affirm that I have neither been convicted of, or accused of any offense involving actual or attempted child abuse or sexual misconduct. I affirm that by accepting below that all of the information I have given is true and complete.
If employed by The Springs Ministries, I agree to conform to the rules, general guidelines, code of conduct, and policies of The Springs. I also understand and agree that while employed, my hours, working conditions, job assignments, and compensation are subject to the discretion of The Springs Ministries, except for my status as an at-will employee.
1. Attendance at all activities is required. Please be on time.
2. No one should leave the camp property with out consulting their immediate supervisor.
3. Profane language is prohibited.
4. Prohibited items include (but not limited to): movies, magazines, tobacco, alcohol, fireworks, weapons, drugs, gum, and anything else that may hinder your ministry.
5. Movies can be watched on the weekend as a planned group activity. Movies watched will be from a limited selection of approved movies. Do not bring movies with you.
6. Use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs may result in dismissal at violator’s expense.
7. No display of affection between members of the opposite sex. This is not applicable to married couples.
8. A couple (staff of opposite sex) should always remain in public areas, such as the center of camp or the dining hall
9. Dress is to be modest. (No short shorts, sleeveless T-shirts, tank tops, spaghetti straps) "Modest dress" will be determined by the directors.
10. No one is to be in the pond area, in canoes or at the super slide without a lifeguard on duty.
11. No horseplay at the pond and no running starts at the super slide.
12. Shoes must be worn on the camp ground at all times, except when in the pond.
13. In the pond area, one piece or tankini bathing suits for females and boxer style swim trunks for males are permitted.
14. Please stay out of the kitchen, camp office, nurse’s station, staff houses, and maintenance buildings, except when accompanied by a full time staff member.
15. In order to protect people and property, pranks are not allowed on The Springs property (i.e. spraying of powder, shaving cream, toothpaste, etc. is prohibited.) Proper compensation will be necessary upon violation and damage to either people or property.
16. Cabin raiding is prohibited. Do not enter another person’s cabin unless invited to do so by the adult counselor.
17. Do not carve or mark on rafters, walls, windows, beds, benches, trees, etc.
18. All staff and campers must remain in cabins after hours, except for emergencies.
19. No food or dishes are to be removed from the dining hall or kitchen.
20. Phone calls, during the camp week, may be made only with the Executive Director’s permission.
21. Cell phones and computers will be stored in the office. Return calls need to be made on weekends unless an emergency requires immediate attention.
22. Do not bring air soft guns, however you may bring your own paintball equipment. It will be stored in the office.
23. Write your name on all of your belongings.
24. Only guys should counsel guys, and only girls counsel girls.
These guidelines will help to provide a great environment for the Holy Spirit to work in campers lives this summer.
Code of Conduct
1. A Springs Staff member exercises common courtesy and is polite, welcomes others, and is pleasant in speech and behavior. (no matter where you are)
2. A Springs Staff member handles personal differences in private.
3. A Springs Staff member is slow tto anger.
4. A Springs Staff member makes guests feel welcome and strives first to meet their needs.
5. A Springs Staff member always asks before entering, borrowing, or using something that is not theirs.
6. A Springs Staff member expects no special treatment and primarily is interested in seeing to the needs of others.
7. A Springs Staff member always cleans up his own mess and thoroughly finishes a job.
8. A Springs Staff member is always on time.
9. A Springs Staff member is clean and neat in personal appearance and care of his belongings.
10. A Springs Staff member works as a team member in unity and cooperation toward a common goal of serving Jesus Christ.
The most important thought to remember is:
At The Springs Ministries, Camp is for the Campers!