1. Please be thorough and complete in your responses on this application. Answer all questions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
2. We will be calling your vet, references, and landlord. Thus, please notify them that they will receive a phone call from us and consent to them releasing information to Twenty Paws Rescue.
3. In order to become an approved adopter or foster, you must agree to a home visit by a Twenty Paws representative. The visit will be scheduled ahead of time. We are not trying to be nosey buttinskis; we just want to ensure our rescues are going into a safe and loving home.
4. Committing to adopt is a lifetime commitment to that dog or cat (sometimes 15-20years). Please ensure that you are financially able and prepared to pay for the animal’s veterinary needs, routine and unexpected, as well as training, food, and toys. Pets cost an estimated $600 per year. Of course this cost can fluctuate, but it is used as a guideline. In the case of an emergency, can you financially afford to care for a pet if the bill exceeds $1,500?
5. Find out if all members of your household/family are in agreement about adopting a cat/dog. If they are, GREAT! If not, please consult us and consider of adoption is right for you. Fostering might be another option.
6. If unsure that you can commit to an adoption, but would like to test out the waters, please consider being a foster for one of our rescued pets. We will do everything in our power to make the best matches for you and our pets. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about becoming a foster.
7. Please read and, if you are in agreement, sign the adoption contract. Adopters must sign the adoption contract in order to complete the adoption process.
8. If your application is approved and you would like to adopt the dog you meet, there will be an adoption fee. This fee allows Twenty Paws Rescue to continue saving, vetting, training and placing animals.
9. Once you complete and submit the application it is subject to approval. Twenty Paws Rescue will notify you as to whether or not your application was approved.
Although, there will not be an exam on these 10 points, it is imperative that you understand them and the commitment adopting a dog/cat requires. Please initial here once you have read and agreed to these terms.