All athletes must be of age as of July 31, 2020, in order to be eligible to participate in this particular age group.
1. PERMISSION TO PARTICIPATE: I, the parent/guardian of the above-named participant hereby acknowledge that my child is in good general health and I give my approval for my child to participate in any and all national, regional, league/conference, association and team/squad activities, including transportation to and from the activities by a licensed driver with proof of insurance. I understand, hereby give my approval for, and assume any and all risk of my child's use of various playing surfaces and conditions, including, but not limited to, dry and wet natural and artificial grass, hard dirt, and/or mud and I hereby acknowledge and understand that said surfaces may be regular or very irregular.
2. INTENT TO INFORM: I acknowledge that I am fully aware of the potential dangers of participation in any sport and I fully understand that participation in football, cheerleading and/or dance may result in SERIOUS INJURIES, PARALYSIS, PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH. Furthermore, I fully acknowledge and understand that protective equipment does not prevent all participant injuries, and therefore I do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the coaches, local, league and regional organization(s), VA Eagles/YFCO/UYFL, Inc., and any and all organizers, sponsors, supervisors, participants, and persons transporting the above-named participant to and from activities, from any claim arising out of any injury to my/our child whether the result of negligence or for any other cause.
3. EMERGENCY MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION: I hereby grant my permission for any and all emergency medical/dental treatment and/or first aid to be administered to my child/participant, including authorizing any medical treatment facility/hospital to administer emergency treatment, for any illness/injury/accident resulting from participation in any and all VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL activities.
4. EQUIPMENT RESPONSIBILITY: I agree to assume full responsibility for any and all equipment/uniforms loaned to the above-named participant and I agree to promptly return, upon request, the uniform and other equipment issued to the above-named participant in as good condition as when received except for normal wear and tear. If I fail to adhere to this policy, I will be responsible for the full replacement cost of such equipment.
5. INSURANCE DISCLOSURE: I am aware that my local VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL organization carries group accident insurance which is considered secondary or excess for medical purposes to any and all valid insurance I possess is considered primary insurance. Furthermore, I agree to notify in writing my head coach and local VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL organization of any medical claim as a result of participation in VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL as soon as reasonably possible. I understand that any registration fee paid does not constitute a direct premium for insurance and that a deductible(s) may apply.
6. SCHOLASTIC VERIFICATION: I hereby stipulate that either my child is scholastically fit, or that I have completed the scholastic eligibility form or the Home School Eligibility Form and will adhere to all rules and regulations therein. Furthermore, I hereby authorize my child’s school to release school grades, report card results, and any and all other pertinent scholastic information to the local VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL organization in order to comply with Pop Warner’s scholastic fitness requirements.
7. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: I hereby stipulate that I have been advised by the local VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL Organization of my rights, if any, to a refund in accordance with the local organization policies, and I have also been advised of my fundraising obligations for the entire season and agree to fully comply with those obligations.
8. COMMUNICATION AND PROMOTIONAL CONSENT: As a condition to my child’s participation, I hereby consent to receive communications via email and mail from VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLLittle Scholars, Inc. and its partners. I understand that VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFL does not sell its contact lists and communications sent may contain program information as well as special offers and maybe opted out of by following the instructions in the email or via written request to the VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLNational Office. Furthermore, I hereby grant to VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLthe absolute right and permission to make, reproduce, broadcast or otherwise use participant’s name and likeness, any photograph, films, videos, recordings, or other depictions or images in whatever form or media in connection with participation in VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLthroughout the universe in perpetuity and in any and all advertising and promotion materials, in any manner or media whatsoever for purposes of art, advertising, editorial, trade or promotion or any other purpose whatsoever. To the extent that any benefit accrues or may accrue to Pop Warner, I hereby and forever waive any interest in or claim to such benefits and acknowledge that VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLis under no obligation to exercise any rights granted herein.
9. ADULT CODE OF CONDUCT: S1: In order to uphold the goals of VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLand ensure that all participants have the benefit of a safe and fun learning environment, all parents, guardians and other adults and attendees of VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLevents, including but not limited to practices, competitions, and banquets, must behave accordingly in a respectful, courteous and sportsmanlike manner at all times. S2: Any adult who is using alcohol, tobacco or non-prescription drugs and/or appears intoxicated at a VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLevent, and/or who is flagrantly rude, attempts to intimidate, verbally abuse, heckles, taunts, ridicules, boos, throws objects and/or uses vulgarity or profane language/gestures with an official, coach, volunteer, staff member, participant or other event attendee, must receive a verbal warning and/or be asked to leave a VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLevent. The member organization may also provide a written warning to the individual regarding the misbehavior. The adult’s children may also be removed from the event. Any adult who commits one of the above-stated offenses a second time, will be banned from any and all VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLevents for a period of one year from the date of the second offense, and their children may also be removed from the program(s) for that time period. S3: Any adult who physically assaults an official, coach, volunteer, staff member or participant or threatens grave bodily harm may be banned from any and all VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLevents for one year from the date of the offense, and their children may also be removed from any and all VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLprograms for that same period of time. After the ban has expired, if the individual commits another offense of the adult code of conduct, the individual will be permanently banned from any and all VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLevents and the individual’s children may also be permanently removed from any and all VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLprograms.
10. ADHERENCE TO VA EAGLES/PYFCO/UYFLRULES AND PROCEDURES: I hereby understand and acknowledge that as a parent/guardian of a VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLparticipant it is my responsibility to comply with all rules and regulations stipulated, adopted or recognized by VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLInc. or any of its member organizations and understand that any non-compliance with any and all rules and regulations may be cause for discipline and/or dismissal of the participant, myself, and/or any spectators or other persons affiliated with the undersigned and the above-named participant. I further understand that the participant must meet VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLage and/or weight requirements on their official certification date as established by VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLLittle Scholars, Inc. without exception and that the decision of the Weigh Master is final. I agree to furnish an authentic certified copy of a birth certificate of the above-named participant to local VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLofficials and understand that valid proof of age, a current calendar year’s signed medical release, scholastic fitness form, and this form must be presented by date of certification in order to participate further in VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLactivities. I/We hereby hold VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLharmless of any financial loss as the result of any disciplinary action.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY SEVERABILITY: I hereby understand and acknowledge that all civil disputes between VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLand any and all affiliated parties will be subject to binding arbitration in the locale of the VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLLittle Scholars, Inc. National Office in Langhorne, PA in accordance with Pennsylvania law under the guidelines and rules of the American Arbitration Association. I hereby agree that this binding arbitration shall be in lieu of any litigation by and between myself, VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLand any and all affiliated parties. I also understand and agree that if I contest any decision or ruling of VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLLittle Scholars, Inc. and seek other recourse, that I will reimburse VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLfor all legal fees and expenses it reasonably incurs. If any portion of this form shall be deemed unenforceable, illegal, and/or invalid, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
RULES & REGULATIONS – In consideration of participation in VA Eagles/PYFCO/UYFLactivities and by my signature below, I hereby stipulate that I have read, fully understand and voluntarily agree to be bound by all of the above and that all information provided by me is true and accurate to the fullest extent of my knowledge.
Parent/Guardian & Participant Information
Greetings VA Eagles Parents,
Welcome to the start of the 2020 season. As you all know, the VA Eagles is a non-profit organization with one of its primary goals being to keep football affordable for Peninsula youth. However, there are substantial operating costs involved when running an organization of this size. In order to keep registration fees down, we must rely heavily on fundraising efforts. As noted in the addendum that you signed as a part of the registration process, fundraising is not optional and there is a mandatory fundraiser profit amount of $100.00 for every football and cheer athlete in our organization due by 06/30/2020. If you choose not to participate in fundraising, you may choose the buyout option by paying $100.00 by 06/30/2020.
All monies raised are considered organizational funds and will be used for: equipment purchase, equipment storage, referee fees, association dues, end of season banquet, participant awards, light rental, port-a-john rental, insurance, and any other program and operational costs incurred by the organization.
We would like to thank you for choosing the VA Eagles and we look forward to a successful season together!
The picture above is an example of a Virginia Children's ID Card required for all athletes.
Code of Ethics:
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents' Code of Ethics:
I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
I will make every effort to ensure that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
I will require that my child's coach be trained in their responsibilities as a youth sports coach and upholds the Coaches' Code of Ethics.
I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive enjoyable experience for all.
I will remember that the game is for youth - not for adults.
I will remain positive on Social media and not speak negatively about Coaches, Players, Referees or any volunteer within any PYFCO organization.
I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
The Peninsula Youth Football & Cheerleading Organization (PYFCO) has the right to implement rules and policies deemed necessary to ensure smooth management and integrity of the football and cheerleading program.
1. Attendance in School: Any player absent from school should not be taking part in practice sessions/games. Head Coaches and parents will judge individual cases, and participating in a practice or game will be up to the discretion of the parent/guardian.
2. Registration/Medical Forms: Each athlete must have a signed parental consent form on file in order to participate. It is suggested that all athletes are required to have medical approval prior to the first practice of the season.
PYFCO Behavior Rules:
1. Smoking, using smokeless tobacco, drinking alcoholic beverages and/or using drugs or narcotics of any kind is not permitted during any PYFCO sponsored events.
2. The following behaviors are unacceptable:
a. Any adult who: 1) verbally abuses; 2) attempts to intimidate; 3) is flagrantly rude, or, 4) cannot control their language or actions with an official, coach, PYFCO volunteer or other spectators will be asked to vacate the area.
b. Any adult that commits a second similar offense will be banned from PYFCO events and their child/children are subject to be removed for the remainder of that season pending a decision by PYFCO Board of Directors. The sponsoring organization may refund a pro-rated portion of the registration fee minus jersey or equipment cost.
c. Any adult who physically assaults an official, coach, PYFCO volunteer or other spectator will be banned from PYFCO and their child removed from the program for one year from the date of the offense. The child/children may not participate in any association in PYFCO during the sanction period. After one year, the parent may apply for re-instatement of his or her child. Any time the adult commits a similar offense, he or she will be permanently banned from PYFCO along with their children. The term physical assault includes, but is not limited to, hitting, slapping, pushing, spitting, kicking or striking in any way with any part of the body or any physical implement.
Payment forms include money orders, checks, cashier checks, PayPal (paypal.me/vaeaglesaa) and Cash App ($VaEagles). Please make checks and money orders payable to the Virginia Eagles Athletic Association. A $50 fee will be applied to all returned checks.