1) Check mattress "encasement (encasement = the piece that zips around the mattress)."
- If mattress currently doesn't have an encasement, put a new one on.
- If mattress encasement is in bad condition, pull off the entire old one and put on a new one.
- If mattress encasement is in excellent condition with no stains or visible wear, use the lint roller to brush any stray hairs/particles off of it.
2) Mattress toppers:
- If the mattress had a mattress topper on it ("topper" = the stretchy extra piece of fabric that fits over the mattress), take off the old one, put it in a bag of dirty laundry you'll bring back to UP(st)ART owners at the end. Put on a new topper, always. (Few cases: beds that you flipped last month that clearly haven't been slept on because the beds were empty)
-If the mattress had no topper on it, add a brand new topper.
3) DISINFECT SIDES AND FOOTHOLES
- Bunk beds: Use disinfectant spray, and wipe down the side rails of the beds and the ladder.
- Pod beds: Use the disinfectant spray to wipe down the front face of the pod and the footholes.
4) THEIR WARDROBE HAS AT LEAST 15 HANGERS IN IT.
Take a peek and make sure that every empty bed in the room has at least 15+ hangers in a nearby wardrobe. (If it already has more, leave it that way).