2021 Debutante Application
The Arlington Foundation for Excellence in Education appreciates your interest in the 2021 Debutante Scholarship Program.
The virtual process offers educational, personal and leadership opportunities for young ladies. Activities consist of workshops, community service, etiquette training and more! Participants learn to successfully transition into the next stage of their high school and college career before taking their bow and being presented to society.
Benefits received by selected participants include, but are not limited to:
● Opportunity for 1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place General Scholarship Awards
● Opportunity for Book Scholarship Awards
● Opportunity for Peer-Voted and Special Recognition Awards
● Debutante Handbook
● Debutante T-Shirt
● Gifts and Keepsakes at Various Events
● Educational, Leadership and Personal Development Activities and Workshops
● Mentor Relationships and Activities
● Formal Dance Instruction for Virtual Event
● Headshot Photo
● Event Video
● Event Digital Souvenir Journal
● Mother/Daughter Tea Experience
● Pearl Ceremony Experience
● The Virtual Debutante Presentation
All interested applicants are asked to attend an information session where questions about the program, including registration procedures, training workshops and community service activities will be answered. Pre-registration for the information session is required. Information Session/Early Registration will be held:
Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 1pm
Links will be provided to registered participants.
Debutante Orientation will be conducted to review the handbook, attire, advertisements, sponsorships and calendar of activities. Prospective Debutantes must have submitted a completed application to attend. Parents and Debutantes are required to attend this session. The Orientation will be held at virtually:
Saturday, May 8, 2021 3pm
✔ Must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale (Transcript or letter from counselor is acceptable).
✔ Must not be or become pregnant or a mother during the debutante process.
✔ Must submit a completed Debutante application.
✔ Must pay the non-refundable participation fee.
✔ Must agree to wear the ball gown selected by the Arlington Foundation Excellence in Education and pay the costs associated with the ball gown.
✔ Must turn in a minimum of $1500 in combined advertisements/patrons and/or tickets sales in order to participate in the debutante presentation event.
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL
May 1, 2021
Participation Fee: $500
LATE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED FROM
May 2, 2021 until May 15, 2021 (late fee applied)
Participation Fee: $550
Online (PayPal fees apply) or certified funds only.
Items to submit with Completed Debutante Application: www.arlingtoneducation.org
o Biography and current Photograph
o Two letters of recommendation from individuals outside the family (High School Counselor, Church, or Civic Organization, etc.)
o Photo and liability release signed by parent or guardian.
o Proof of grade point average – (Counselor must convert GPA to a weighted 4.0 scale if not already on the transcript).
o Mailed submission – Must be in a sealed envelope from school counselor.
o Electronic submission - Must be uploaded from school counselor’s or registrar’s district email to Scholarships@arlingtoneducation.org
o May be mailed to the following by May 15th:
The Arlington Foundation for Excellence in Education
P.O. Box 150301, Arlington, Texas 76015
● Participants, their mothers and/or fathers, are required to attend selected training seminars, activities, and dance rehearsals.
● 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place General Scholarship Awards are granted to top winners based on a competitive point system that includes event and activity participation, advertisement/patron/ticket sales, community service and other established requirements.
● Book Scholarship Awards are granted to participants who turn in a minimum of $2,000.00 in combined advertisements/patrons/ticket sales.
● Competition begins May 22, 2021 and ends November 1, 2021
● Debutante filming October 16, 2021
Scholarship Debutante Presentation
is scheduled for:
Saturday, November 20, 2021 @ 7pm